Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RS300 causing HS645MG steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 AM
savageSS2k1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS300 causing HS645MG steering problem

Hi, I have had two HS645MG before, and one TowerPro 995 steering servos with JR R300 servo. it all went bad for less than 5 play times.

So today I bought a new HS 645MG, and I took the receiver out to test the new servo, to my surprise, as I turn off my JR XS3, the Servo arm goes CW for about 130 Degree, I couldn't never make it turn like that with TRIM, or EPA function on the Tx.

However, as I turned the transmitter back on, the servo arms went back to normal nature position, and when I turned it off again, the arm didn't went crazy like earlier.

I am suspecting the R300 sent an error signal(due to whatever interference) to the servo as I turn off the TX. But this doesn't happy every time I turn off Tx, however I am guessing when it actually happens, with the servo mounted in position with the wheel arms (may be called servo saver arms ?), it will kill the servo. I guess my 3 servos was bad because of this.

Any ideas ?
Old 07-14-2008, 07:02 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RS300 causing HS645MG steering problem

I have been using HS645MG servos in a couple of planes and I have had no problems with them. They have been in the aircraft for at least a couple of years.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:30 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RS300 causing HS645MG steering problem

You should never turn off your radio with the Rx still powed up; it can overdrive servos beyond their limits and burn them up.

Mike.