Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 10X Smoke Pump Mixing Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JR 10X Smoke Pump Mixing Question

On a JR 10X how would I mix a channel with the throttle so that I can set up the smoke pump to vary its output as the throttle is increased or decreased??? For example: I want to mix channel six (flap) to the throttle so that I vary the smoke pump output so that a little fluid is injected at lower RPM's and more fluid is injected at higher RPM's...I also want to be able to turn off and on the smoke system by using the Mix switch on the upper right hand corner of the TX...Please-Only those that absolutely know how to do this need to reply....I've racked my brain enough as it is already!!![:@]

TIA!! Kevin
Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Eric.Henderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 10X Smoke Pump Mixing Question

It's not too hard and very effective.

CODE 17 INH CH6

TRIM SET (82 I THINK) THROTTLE DOWN TO 30%

MIX 56

ENTER

THRO TO AUX-1 (1-6)

CHOOSE CURVE

ENTER

CHOOSE "EXP"

SET 6 POINTS ON YOUR CURVE LINEMOVE THROTTLE STICK UP SLOWLY AND PRESS "STORE" WHEN IT APPEARS.
(TIP - START WITH IDLE TRIM ALL THE WAY DOWN)

"SEL" TO S/W SELCTION - CHOOSE MIX S/W

"SEL" TO LAST SCREEN - CHOOSE "ORIG"

LOW AND HIGH ENDS BY MOVING STICK AND USING + OR -

USE INTERMEDIATE POINTS TO GET MORE OR LESS RPM DEPENDING UPON THROTTLE OPENING.

(Tip - run fluid through the pump in a closed loop with to and from a tank while doing the initial setting.)

Regards.

Eric.

P.S. You can also mix Aux 5 to Aux-1 to have an overide on the liquid flow speeds. Use MIX S/W again so it will only operate when you turn on the pump.

This will let you increase/decrease the smoke while you fly and are experimenting with flow volumes use about 30% +/- on the mix values.