Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Old Futaba Radio Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 11:27 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Futaba Radio Help Needed

You should be correct that if you can get a narrow band module it will be narrow band. The removeable RF module controls the frequency band width as well as the frequency its tuned for in the old FG series radios, and the modules are compatible with some of the newer Futaba radios. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Contact [email protected] They can definitively answer what you need to update the radio. They are the import/service rep for Futaba for the US.

Most of the FM module based Futaba radios met narrow band requirements, before the requirements became mandatory. You might not need anything, as the AM's may have met the requirements too. (may not be a bad idea to have the tuning calibrated though... 5 year old and older radios should be checked out periodcally.)
Old 01-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Craig A.

I have had one of these radios that I bought brand new. It's about 13 years old. The radio is designed only for am operation and it works ok for flying as it is a three channel. I only use it for my cars and trucks though. If I can help let me know. Craig
Old 03-11-2003, 12:24 PM
hpapilot
My Feedback: (1)

I have a Futaba FG series AM radio. How do you adjust the mod level?
Old 05-14-2003, 09:24 PM
RCFly

You don't adjust the modulation level unless you are an FCC licensed repair technician.

RCFly sed that
d:^(