Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 12X SNPT Option

Old 07-25-2008, 06:14 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JR 12X SNPT Option

Has any JR 12X owner figured out how to call up the SNPT option on the normal mixes? According to the manual in three places (pages A46, H44, and S37), SNPT is a momentary switch option for the master channel in the mixes. It is also listed in the PCDATA Transfer (12x) program. It is not listed as an option on the transmitter menus for any of the three aircraft configurations. Now I can get the trim switches to act as momentary switches when the snap roll or the trainer function is activated. I would like to have a momentary switch for engine kill like I have set up on my 9303.

Allan
Old 07-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: JR 12X SNPT Option

I haven't tried to activate either of those switches yet, but experience tells me you must first inhibit the normal channel assignments for switches/knobs/levers and then inhibit the channel you want to use for the function, i.e. I use channel 5 for my fiber optic kill swithes because that's the channel on the X9303 that gave me access to the switch I wanted to use and I just left them there when I converted to the 12X. Then in the mix menu, it will offer the available switch assignments. Now so far I've not run into a situation where I could not assign the switch I wanted to use, but if it's anything like my X9303 and DX-7, there are different switches available on different mixes. i.e. mix 3 will show different switch availability than mix 4.

Take a look through the menus and see if that will shed some light on your question. You must first of all inhibit the switch/channel you want to use in the device select menu before the larger number of available switches will show up for mix assignment.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:20 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading your message I inhibited every switch and output on the Trim SYS and Device SEL menus. No luck. The SNPT master channel option was still missing. The trim switches have not been completely disabled. They still function as momentary switches if the snap roll function is activated or if the transmitter has a trainer cable attached.

All of the options are the same for all of the mixes. There are twenty options plus CANCEL. On the PCDATA Transfer program there are the almost the same twenty options (#AIL, #ELE, and #RUD for AIL+, ELE+ and RUD+) for the master channel plus SNPT. I experimented with changing one the mix's master channel to SNPT in the program and transferring it back to the transmitter. SNPT appeared as a master channel but I could find no way to activate or change its value.

I've written to Horizon but have received no answer. I may inquire again or I may forget all about it. The trim switches' levers don't look as substantial as the trainer/snap switch on the 9303. I would hate to break one off in a panic moment of trying to kill my engine.

Allan
Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Zeeb

Well if I get a chance I might try playing with it today.

As for a kill switch, I use the "mix" switch since I converted from Futaba to the DX-7, then the X9303 and now the 12X.

That was where (top right shoulder/rear) I had the kill switch on my Futaba's and now the Spektrum/JR stuff. On my models, I setup the radio to close the throttle all the way when that switch is hit so it works on the couple of glow models I still have around, and after verifying it will kill the engine on my gassers I also hook the fiber optic ignition switch to that switch on the radio. Since the fiber optic switch requires a channel in the rx and on the tx, I wanted a channel/mix that gave me the "mix" switch option and it shows up in virtually all the combinations I tried.

When I went to the DX-7 since it did not have an engine kill function in the native programming, I used a throttle/throttle mix for that function and did the same with the X9303 even though throttle curves were available. Someone over on FG suggested using a throttle curve for that and it's actually easier to setup and doesn't take a P-mix away from you.

If you don't get a good answer from Horizon, try posting over on FG in the forum Troy Newman has been answering questions. He's a Team JR guy and not only knows a lot about the 12X but is willing to try and figure out how to do what guys ask about if he doesn't already know the answer.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:31 PM
GJr.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is FG?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Zeeb

There are certain websites that RCU will not allow to be posted so the server software strips them out if someone posts one of them.

In this case, and you'll have to eliminate the spaces and complete the usual info on an address, but it's "F l y i n g G i a n t s"