Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

10c ownere please answer

Old 07-26-2008, 09:53 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10c ownere please answer

to all of the proud 10c owners out there please answer me just one question. Ive been to the futaba website and was looking at the radio. on their site alone they have a comparasin chart that says the radio has 8 programable mixes and 5 curve mixes. Now I looked at thir add on their site and it ways that that radio has 8 programable mixes 4 each. I'm finding all kind of info with different numbers. all I want to know is how many programable mixes the [email protected]&ging thing has how. I'd like to know the number of curve and reg pro mixes simply put. thanks guys.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:14 PM
mr502go

Default RE: 10c ownere please answer

It's got 4 linear and 4 curve. You can modify the curve to make it liner though.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:18 PM
VictoryRoll
My Feedback: (2)

rccrazed,

lol.. great question.. I believe what you are seeing is a mistake or a mis-communication in how Futaba is noting the mixes. You ARE CORRECT.. they say both 5 and 4 in the two different places that you point out, however, the mixes are as follows:

There are 8 mixes total, of which 4 of them have 5-point curves. That is where they are messing up as well, because they do say 5 mixes, but I believe on the comparison chart, where we see "5" it is in reference to the "points" of the curve for the 4 mixes that have that capability, with the rest being fixed points (or linear). So, 8 programmable, of which 4 of those mixes have a 5-point curve capability, 4 which are linear. I would also direct you to the Futaba Support Forum, and pose this same question or direct Bax or Krysta to this post to confirm my findings/interpretation.

Make sense?

Anyway, yes, I am a proud owner and wish you the best in finding a radio that meets your needs.

peace.

Don

P.S. (edit) I foirgot to put down here that you can review the settings/mixes/curves in the manual on the Futaba site (it does has some errors, as they point out, but this area is not one of them so you can trust what you read in this section).
Old 07-26-2008, 11:12 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

I thank you guys for giving me a fast response.

I was comparing the 10c to my 9cs radio because I wanted to know if it was worth upgrading. To bad I have my 9c already. the 10c is a nicer radio but not worth updating untill I get a 2.4 gig system. I would get the 10c in 2.4 instead of updating my 9cs, because of the fact that my 9cs would loose a usable channel in 2.4 and the 10c would could use all channels in the 2.4 band. also pointed out elseware in these forums is that the cost of a module and reciever would cost about $50 less then the 10c brand new. Therefore all the extra features and functions would be worth the extra $50 if I was already going the route of spending more money to upgrade. then at that time I could sell the 9cs.

I perceived it to have 8 pro mixes and 5 curve mixes was because the comparison chart said that 9cs has 5 acro and 2 heli programable mixes which is what the 9cs has. and then you look at the programable mix curves it says 2 acro and 1 heli also what it has. then I look on the chart for the 10 c it said 8 and 5 and then I was thinking 13 mixes is nice to have. and as far as the direct support I don't give them much faith plus you have to wait like three days till they answer you. I have seen a forum question on there and this is what they do most of the time. the guy was asking how you move the crow to the throttle stick for his ultra stick. he explained how he had the programing setup using the glider mode 2 ail 2 flap wing type.

Bax answered you can control your airbrake with your throttle stick but you have to use your glider function using the 2 ail 2 flap wing type. you also would lose some of your airplane features and would have to use p mixes to program in what you want. (WHELL DUH) then he goes on to explaine it would be hard to do this on acro that you would need 5 p mixes to do and you would suddenly almost be out of mixes.

the guy then explaines again saying curently its working off a switch and he cant figure out how to switch it to the throttle stick.

bax then answers normally in the glider mode your airbrake is operating from your throttle stick. in acro you have to set it to linear mode (what?) to get it to work from your throttle stick. as we play with this radio some more we will learn more.

come on Bax ! this is the same programing as the 9c with a few more feratures . you know as well as I do that all you have to tell im is to go under the switch function menu and change the airbrake control to stick ! you don't need to play with the radio some more to know what is already used how many years now with the 9c ? cut me some slack already.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:51 AM
mr502go

Something else to consider. . . as the 10c gets more popular, the 9c's value is dropping. . . so the longer you wait the more the "upgrade" will cost. I was the one that made the post about the $50 upgrade. Something else you will enjoy. . . there's a noticeable difference in latency w/the 10C. . . I feel much more connected, and didn't think I would notice as I'm still running everything w/72 Mhz. . . Now I just have more options =) I can say if you do get it, you'll be glad ya did.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:09 PM
kom

anyone tried a lipo 11.1v with 10C ?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:23 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Does the 10c have a throttle curve, or can you do it with one of the 5 point mixes?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:53 AM
bfreee

Heli mode has the curve already set up & acro you do it with the curve mix. I believe I'm telling you correct.
b
Old 01-07-2009, 01:23 PM
diviatix

Actually there is a throttle curve function in acro mode. no need to use a custom mix. I use it to flat spot the hover point for my giant scale aerobats. handy...

Cheers,

Andrew.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:23 PM
bfreee

I see that now, andrew is right. How does setting your throttle like that help you hover andrew? I been watching alot videos lately & I hear the guys with thier giants alot of the time are constantly goosing the engine. The flat spot sounds like it would deter that. Does your plane have a neat spot where the throttle holds it just right? Always appreciate a tip. your not electric are you?

Bruce
Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 AM
diviatix

The giant scales are gas, a few 30-50" electrics. I flat spot all of the 3D planes.

Below is a direct quote from Blaine Austin's web site (big sponsored flyer) Check his site for great tips by the way... http://www.blaineaustin.com

Regarding Torque rolling...
"The next step is setting up your throttle curve. This takes a little time and patience but it is well worth the time and effort. The key is that once you find the stick position that the plane will hover, you want to set your curve so that your are hovering when the throttle stick is at half throttle. You adjust your curve from there as needed to barley let the plane climb or decent with one click up or down on the throttle. This really keeps you from fighting with the throttle and lets you focus on controlling the plane."Blaine Austin

When you hear 'goosing' thats fighting the throttle...

To expand on the flatspot goal. As stated above, get the hover point to mid stick. After that I change the curve so that 3 or 4 clicks up from hover are a very gradual RPM increase, same down. This gives me finer control for maintaining altitude during hovers, torque rolls, high alpa etc. I put throttle curves on a two position switch, pos 1 is flat spotted as above, pos 2 equates to about a 30% expo curve.

The way I set it is to have a buddy at the flightline with me to check my initial stick position during hover, then it's half a dozen or so tweaking flights to nail it. It gets easier the more you do it.

Cheers,

Andrew.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:39 AM
bfreee

Hi Andrew,

I'll have to give that a try, when I get my hovering perfected that is. I appreciate your suggestions & I'm going to check that site. The only thing that I have to wonder about is the goosing being fighting the throttle. Initially, that seemed like an obvious answer and please don't think me non-believing. I'm just trying to understand. I went and watched QQ fly again as he does the goosing thing and it seems as good as he is, he'd only make those throttle changes if he wanted to. And they seem so perfectly applied. Does that make any sense to you? Thanks for your thoughts. I don't think where off topic hear as it does relate to mixes. What kind of radio are you flying with?

Thanks, Bruce
Old 01-08-2009, 02:07 PM
diviatix

I use the Futaba 10c we have been talking about. I fly gassers and electric on FASST 2.4 and DLG gliders on 72 with it.

Yes, 'goosing' the throttle is intentional for the most part. But having your throttle properly set up makes everything steadier. When I started setting curves correctly my skills "magically improved". For whatever its worth...........

BTW, check the site. Blaine is on par with QQ, in fact they are buddies.

Cheers,

Andrew.
PS: The main school of thought for 'goosing' btw is to increase airflow over control surfaces when making corrections to make your corrections more authoritative.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:53 PM
VictoryRoll
My Feedback: (2)

diviatix,

This is all great stuff, my friend. I never realized nor considered adjusting the throttle to create the "flat spot" for hovering, although I am not at that level of flying ability yet. I do, however, read, read, and read some more, so that I have these tidbits of knowledge stuck in my brain, as well as bookmarked for future reference. I too will check out the site that you wrote in the above post.

And bfreee, all great questions... esp. the flat-spot... for after reading your question, I too sat awaiting the answer so I can try this technique in the future.

Great stuff guys and much appreciated.

Do you guys still think that a forum specific to the Futaba 10C, (and all radios for that matter) is a worthy project. I am in the process of trying to create such a monolithic site and would be very interested in your opinion of the value. Again, a forum that is all about the 10C and no other radio or item. It could serve as a place for exactly these types of issues/questions/problems/techniques, without having to search or score the non-categorized sites we have today? I appreciate and value your opinions. Thank you.

Regards,

Don
Old 01-08-2009, 04:58 PM
bfreee

Don n Andrew,

That makes alot of sense to me, thanks for taking the time to explain that. I often get my head bit off sometimes around here. I think we all have experienced it. When something doesn't quite make sense, I have to ask. Sometimes people take offense to it. Most of the time not though. Thanks for the good points andrew. I read some of the things in Blaine's site. He actually talks about goosing the engine speed too. He never really said why. The air flow makes complete sense. I've experienced that before, if you have no airflow, gravity & air resistance is all that's left. When you get the time, could you relay an example of one of your settings so I could get an idea. I'm kind of wondering how small this flat spot would be (how many notches would you say) and why wouldn't you want to have the throttle that way all the time? How do you like your 10c? I only miss my flight modes from Eclipse but im finding that I can work around them and all the other features of the 10c really shine. I was going to get a 12fg, but It doesn't have the display, and I'm sure the speed is not near the 10c based on the fact that the 12fg is cousin to 12z & 14z ( I think we've all seen the eccpm speed test by now). Not that the speed is an issue for me, but maybe someday I'd appreciate it. And of course the price even with the sale tower had, I just don't have the money to justify it. I wish it had the conditions, but you can get what you want done.
Thanks so much, Bruce
Old 01-09-2009, 09:10 AM
diviatix

Hey Bruce.

I went from the Eclipse to the 10c too. It's funny some of the things people liked about flight conditions I hated. I like having the trims stay the same vs changing for each rate mode on the eclipse - I found for triple rates I always had to trim 3 times.... ULTRA ANNOYING imo. Same thing as you I would have gone with the 12fg/z if I could have justified the expense - just couldn't see the advantage for me, I never have more than 6 or 7 planes airworthy...

On the flat spot thing. I dont have multiple clicks at EXACTLY the same throttle setting, just a VERY gradual increase/decrease. With gassers you can be looser on it, the electrics are much more responsive so you really need to tweak it a lot. Generally speaking I flat 3-4 clicks above and below midstick. ( again, there is a slight increase/decrease in rpm - thats the whole point, "fine tuning" ).

As for leaving it flatspotted all the time... If I'm flying IMAC style or just circuits or take off/landing I like it a "little soft" in the center but not flatspotted per se. If you havent tried it yet, a good first step with your 10c is 30% expo on throttle before you tackle curves. With the 30% expo it is still easier to hover because of the softness at midstick, but its much more predictable than curves, being a steady exponential progression/regression from neutral stick.

Cheers,

Andrew.