Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Reversing Flaperon mixed channel

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 05:12 AM
encan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reversing Flaperon mixed channel

I am mixing my ailerons with flaps using flapron mixining on my Futaba 6EX 2.4 GHZ radio.

As i build the wing i wanted to check and see if everything is working fine. I plugged 1 servo to channel 1 and the other to channel 6. Then i programmed the radio to mix and started testing. Yaay it worked. Then i did a couple of trimming adjustmets on the pushrods and connections. Perfect!!!! Oh wait a minute it is revesred. Easy... all i need to do is to reverse the aileron channel. So i reverse channel 1 and... What happened? Aileron stick moves both the ailerons together. They go both up or down. The flaps switch (6th channel) moves them to opposite sides...

Whyy?

How should i fix it? I cannot flip one of the servos the other way because i already did the servo tray and everything.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 AM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reversing Flaperon mixed channel

I'm a JR guy, but I'm guessing the solution is similar on both brands. You'll need to reverse BOTH aileron channels. For example, with JR systems the right aileron is plugged into the AIL channel and the left aileron uses the AUX1/FLAP channel. You'll need to figure out where your left aileron is plugged in and reverse that channel too.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

When all else fails read the book.......I have to because I forget. My Futaba is set up so you can reverse both at one time. It is a simple thing to do once you follow the steps. My Transmitter is an old 6X but I would bet yours programs in much the same way no big deal.
Good Luck......
Old 07-28-2008, 05:23 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually, the Flaperon program allows you to reverse Ch1 or Ch6. There is usually a way to disable the Flap knob, as well, or set the Flap component to Zero.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:57 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

ok I do not have the 6ex so bear with me . the futaba programing is basically the same on most radios. its an easy fix. all you have to do is go into your programing for your flaperons and changes your rates from -100 to +100 or vise versa. that is if I'm understanding you right. That is when you flip the flap switch your getting spoilers (flaps deploying upward ) instead of flaps ? in the flaperon menu to fix that you need to change your flap rates. Then you should have a seperat rates for each of the flaperons to give you the proper function on the aileron actions. I'm going by my 9c. but anyhow again all you have to do is changes your rates from the (+)75 to (-)75 assuming you have your rates at 75 for an example.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 AM
encan

Yea i should have tried to reverse both channel 1 and 6... i will try tonight.

rccrazedman;

My problem is alittle different than what you explained. This is excatly what happens after i reversed channel 1;

When i flip the flaps swicth one aileron goes up and the other goes down. When i move the aileron stick (channle 1) both ailerons move together up or down. So i need to change the flaps switch and aileron stick somehow...

Thanks to replies.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Sounds like you have a mixing problem or the ailerons are plugged into the wrong locations Rt. 1, L 6. If you continue having this problem clear the channel and go back to the set-up, step by step. When you discribed the ails. down like flaps I would guess you could turn the flap nob to neutral and they would no longer be in the down position. Computer radios are great but can cause serious heart-burn.[>:]
Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Per the manual, channel #1 should be controlling the RIGHT aileron/flap, and channel #6 the LEFT aileron/flap.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

ok encan I got you now, you have the flap control dial making one go up and one go down like ailerons and the aileron control stick if giving you both up and down like flaps/spoilers. I was messing with my 9c a little to see if I can mimic your problem. I have done this in one of two ways. first the two reverses oppiset of each other on the two channels (just as bushbarber said reverse the other ail channel 6 would fix your problem) . and by 2 playing with the rates in the flaperon menu. The correct way to fix your problem is to make sure your revers are right on channel one without the flaperons. then you want to make sure your other aileron channel 6 reverse is the same. Now when you turn your flaperon function on everything should be good. But if things are not working in the correct way you can induvidually adjust rates for each of the control serfaces for the ailerons functions and in the flap functions. just set the rates to either (+) or (-) as needed.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:46 AM
encan

It worked! I reversed both channel 1 and 6 then adjusted the flaps to (-).

Thanks for the helps.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Arceenut

Very simple way to turn "crow" into "flaperons". Assuming chan 1 is left servo and ch 6 is right sevo. Reverse the plugs so 6 is left and 1 is right. Seems wierd but it works. You don't have to change anything in the transmitter.