Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver ant. length for JR 549X

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 02:51 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver ant. length for JR 549X

I while back I had a crash where my antenna wire got cut off. All I had was about a 2 inch wire left over.

I went to the hobby shop and asked them if they have replacement antenna wire for the JR 549X. He said they do and pulled out a long black wire and said it was the one for it. My question is the length if anyone knows what the correct length is for it. I have replaced receiver ant. wires on ground vehicles when I worked at a hobby shop long time ago and never had a problem. I replaced Futaba ant. wires which we had ordered directly from them for replacements. So I did not have a question about it.

My concern is that it will be for a plane and the range is way more than a car or boat. I just now got done soldering it back on to the circuit board and it looks clean and like it should work.

If anyone has any input on what the proper length is or a web site or something that I can get an idea and compare to one I have would be great. I planned on doing a rang check an all but would like to see if what you guys opinions are on here.
Old 05-17-2003, 04:31 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver ant. length for JR 549X

JRPA170 is the JR part number, but any piece of wire will work.

39 inches (approximately) for all JR 72 mHz, 50 mHz, and 53 mHz receivers.