Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Yet another delay in Futaba 10C stock

Old 08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
plugin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another delay in Futaba 10C stock

I'm a disgruntled 10C yet-to-be-owner. Another delay at Tower. It has been slated to Mid August now. Can't Futaba prepare a decent amount of stock if they are launching a product? Jeez, I'm really disappointed but totally out of options as the 10C is by far the best radio in that price range. Futaba PLEASE![:@]
Old 08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
DougV

Default RE: Yet another dealy in Futaba 10C stock

Check Chief Aircraft, they may still have some in stock: http://www.chiefaircraft.com/rcmsec/...utabaR10c.html

Doug.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
plugin

I'll give Tower one week to get their act together because I like the $30 discount I'm gonna get from them. Then, I'll probably take your advice. Thanks
Old 08-01-2008, 01:02 PM
mr502go

Try www.ronlund.com. . . their regular would still beat tower with their $30 discount and free shipping.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
plugin

Thanks mr502go, but they only have Heli versions and I need/want the plane version.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:57 PM
twinturbostang

Hang in there. It's worth it.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:21 PM
plugin

I have a kit that has been awaiting radio for over a year now. I hope Mid August means the second week of August
Old 08-02-2008, 12:06 AM
mr502go

Ohhh yeah. . . I forgot about that minor detail LOL. I tell ya, I don't have a heli yet, and when I got my first heli radio I had no intentions of getting a heli. The reason I bought one was because the deal was good. There's no difference between the two units except that the throttle stick has no ratchet, it's just s m ooooooth. . . and the switches on the top left hand and right hand corners of the radio are swapped in positions (switches on left side of heli radio are on right of airplane version, and vice versa) I liked the throttle stick so much better, I was looking for a heli radio when I got mine. Another side note, I could still vaguely feel the ratchet in my 10C when I got it, a couple days ago, I went inside, and filed all the ratchet teeth smooth, then put some tamiya ceramic grease between the tension spring, and the now smooth throttle cam, and this thing feels like my buddy's 12Z. . . smooth as silk. If you like to hover airplanes you will like the heli radio a LOT more. If not, I totally understand different strokes for different folks. I would however suggest going by your LHS and pick up a heli radio, and see if you like the way it feels. Either way good luck finding your 10C you will LOVE it!!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Henk Visser

Yes buddy you are so right just came back from Usa and managed to take a heli version back too Europe just 349 euro!!!!
I needed the plane version but no problem!
Like you say only throttle smoother
Old 08-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should have ordered earlier, dude
Old 08-02-2008, 01:14 PM
victorzamora

It's SOO worth the trouble and the wait dude.....the 10C is AMAZING!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:53 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: plugin

I'll give Tower one week to get their act together because I like the $30 discount I'm gonna get from them. Then, I'll probably take your advice. Thanks
give Chief a call......they'll beat Tower.
one thing about Tower is that they are so automated that you can't change anything once the order is "supposedly" being packed..............i have a Reactor Bipe ordered from them, they dropped the ball on shipping, i call to upgrade the shipping, the answer, "no can do, sorry"................
ordered one from Chief yesterday, will have it on Tuesday and it even cost me less than Tower.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:30 PM
plugin

I finally decided to buy from chief because I was getting very anxious. I placed the order via internet but because I'm using a foreign credit card I had to fax a statement, ID and copy of the credit card. I did, called, and they told me the images where too dark. I sent them via email and they never confirmed anything so I called. They told me they where JUST about to send me an email. Never did. Then they sent me an email telling me that my credit card was declining, if I could please talk to my issuing bank. I did, the bank said there was no problem. (I've used this card lots of times to get things from Amazon, Newegg, Tower, etc..) I called Chief again to try to get a hold of the guy who had sent me the email about the card declining. I waited in the line for 5 minutes, no response. By this point I was really pissed. Out of spite I went to Tower just to check and there it was "In stock - Limited Quantities". I called Chief again, this time I could talk to the guy, canceled the order and just placed it on Tower. I lost $10 of that $30 discount from last month because its now only $20. Phew.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:06 PM
summerwind

ahhh, the power of Tower.........Chief is probably not set up to take offshore orders in the capacity that Tower is.

congrats on finally getting your 10C, and congrats on clicking on Towers page at the right time.

i've done that a time or two..........waited and waited for an item or kit i wanted and then just casually surfing their site found the item was in, bought it and then about 2 hours later it was out of stock again..............have fun with the new radio[sm=thumbup.gif]