Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

radio switches snapping off!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 10:48 PM
hollewud7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio switches snapping off!!!???

arggghhhhhhhh !! I am so mad right now....... Ok so there I am playing with the transmitter (6 channel futaba skyport no more than 5 yeas old) and playing with the dual rate settings because I have always used just high rates. So im just holding the thing moving cntrol surfaces and just sas I move the trainer switch WABLAM!!! it snaps right off!!!! didnt push hard or anything! just out of no where broke off. So after some investigation I am an confident this should not affect me because 1. I dont use trainer and 2. with no tainer cord plugged in the trainer switch doesnt do anything. I was worried that it would switch by itself during flight but im sure it wont because that switch is not activated unless the cord s pluggged in. So ok taht nigtmare is over right?? wrong.
I start flipping the other switches for random reasons and WABLAM!!! channel 6 for retrcts snaps rght off too!!!!!!!!! I cant belief this! Can anyone help me explain this? Now i assure you I dodnt force these swiches they were brittle but I have no idea why. The trasmitter is only a few years old. Wil futaba help me with this
Old 05-17-2003, 11:40 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did the switch break off or did the case break and the switch come out in tact? I would send it back to Futaba service and let them fix it and check the rest. Seems odd. The only switches I have ever broken were due to dropping the transmitter.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:04 PM
hollewud7

it was the switches themselves that broke. Like if i stick a screw driver in the hole where the switch belongs I can kind of move the very very bottom of the switch. So it was the metal of the switch its self that broke.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:02 PM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a heavy hand to me; or having banged the switch against something else at another time, weakening it. I have been through a lot of Futaba radios, and have never had a switch break off just in use, only in abuse.

Les
Old 05-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

i left my tranny in the ipound, when i got it i found the dual rates swtich had come off exactly the same way, good news is you can solder in a new seitch no problem, but the standard Futaba switches are poorly made with hollow tabs!
Old 05-23-2003, 11:19 PM
SnowOwl
My Feedback: (1)

Somebody must have had the problem before, because this guy has a solution.

http://www.flymodels.co.uk/technique/switches.htm
Old 05-24-2003, 12:21 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some years ago, I received a NIB Futaba. It was either a 7UA or 8UA. I was taking stuf out of the box. I had the Tx sitting in the middle of my building table while taking other stuff out and looking at it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something fall off the Tx and hit the table. It was one of my dual rate switches. Just five minutes earlier I had checked them all out - but it seems that one of them comitted suicide once free from the box. Had to repackage the Tx and send it in for repair.

Dan