Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 AR7000 loses bind

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 03:59 PM
at7driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 AR7000 loses bind

Hi all,

Hoping to tap into some of the experiences on the board with this issue. I had contacted horizon in june with the same issue and I sent them my old AR7000 and they promptly sent me a new replacement.

I finally got the time to work on the install of the new Spektrum AR7000 rx this morning in hopes of flying the Lanier Yak, same problem. this is going to be rather lengthy so my apologies up front. here goes:

The plane, Lanier Yak, EVO 58GX, dual Hyrdimax 6.0volt 2000mah nimh batts, dual switches into a single plug to the rx. Spektrum DX 7 with AR7000 DSM 2 rx.

I have had the plane for about a year now and until the first week of june had no issues. I went to fly it in june and it would not bind, both lights kept flashing on the rx's.. so I put the bind plug in and it bound, but when I turned off the power to the rx the spektrum system would not re-bind.

Took the bird home to go through the entire system. Talked to spektrum rep via phone on several occasions. eventually after alot of diagnosis we realized that by unplugging one of the batts (not just switched off but ungplugged) the system would bind and hold the bind. But if you re-connect the other batt the system will lose its bind and must be rebound.

Also if you turn on the rx batt switches then while holding the bind button, turn on the tx power the system will bind, WITHOUT THE BIND PLUG ...... this will work with both batts plugged into the system.

I am out of ideas on this, it would not bother me but it USED to work... now it doesnt. I have tried new batts, new switches, the new rx from spektrum... any help........ been working 16 days really wanted to fly today... ugh... oh well.

thanks in advance.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 PM
lou1947

Default RE: DX7 AR7000 loses bind

I have had a similar problem using the JR switches. I since have changed to the MPI switches and have not had problem loosing the bind when I umplug the the binding plug. Hope that helps.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:54 PM
at7driver

Default RE: DX7 AR7000 loses bind

Thanks,

I will check, I think I am using the MPI's... if not I'll pick some up this week.. the radio system seems to work fine when I bind it and dont turn off the power but I dont want to fly it till it works as advertised.. ugh..

thanks,