Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR G500A gyro

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:32 PM
slowglowflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR G500A gyro

Hello, I am new to gyros and have a few questions. It seems as though this gyro "JR G500A Airplane" has been discontinued. Does anybody know why? I purchased one at xmas a while ago for my father and am ready to put it into his plane. Where should I mount it. (cg, tail, nose???) I know the orientation due to the instructions but they did not specify where to place it in the plane. Any past experiences or advice would be appreciated. (I know many consider gyros as cheating but I think my dad will get a kick out of how this new plane will fly). It will be used for the rudder.

Thanks for any help,
Mike
Old 08-11-2008, 09:24 PM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR G500A gyro

For the rudder mount the gyro on the C/G...or close to it.
Mount with label up.
WITH THE PLANE UPRIGHT swing the tail from side to side.
One time I had a low wing airplane upside down on my bench. I swung the plane from side to side (upside down) YEP, the rudder go the opposite the swing....WRONG!
Took the plane to the field for it's first flight and after takeoff we went from knife edge to knife edge till I could get it shut off with a transmitter switch.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:19 PM
slowglowflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the gyro work when the plane is inverted? How much gain should I input in with the gryo? It is going on an old hanger 9 edge. The transmitter has a three stage switch so I can have two different settings.

Thanks again for the response,
Mike
Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Close to the CG doesn't matter, as long as its aligned with the yaw axis of the plane and perfectly flat it will work.

Start by using the smallest amount of gain that you can and increase it in small increments till you get what you want.