Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Jittery steering servo on car

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:51 AM
JohnnyTooBad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jittery steering servo on car

I have old car (25+ years) that I got running again. It uses a Futaba AttackR Tx and Rx. The Tx and Rx are stock, 75mhz 2 channel. When the car gets about >100 feet from me, the steering goes nutty. Especially under power. This happens when the batteries are fresh off the charger or have a few minutes use, all the way down to when the batteries are a bit low. It's very consistent. I'm running it in the street in front of my house, and using new 3600mAh NiMH 7.2v battery packs. The Tx runs on 8 AA batteries, and is at about 80-90% according to the built in volt meter.

The antenna is just the stock straw, about 12" tall, with some wire hanging out of it.

Any idea what could be causing this? Will adjusting the antenna some specific way help? Could it be the aging electronics? Or is it just that the Tx batteries need replacing even though it shows they are still in the "good" range?
Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jittery steering servo on car

Could be that the servo is about toast. I'd swap it out.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:10 AM
JohnnyTooBad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jittery steering servo on car

Even if it works fine when the car is closer to the Tx?