Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

DX7 dual elevator and flaperons - Elevator to flaps mix?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 dual elevator and flaperons - Elevator to flaps mix?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:10 PM
bigbird007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DX7 dual elevator and flaperons - Elevator to flaps mix?

I have a Decathelon with dual elevators and flaperons and I'm trying to mix elevator to flaps. When I go into the flaps menu and set the mix there nothing happens...

It's set up with the right aileron in Aile and the left in AUX 1 and the dual elevators are set up as per Aerobob's spektrum page.

The flap switch is set up with no flaps being the furthest away, half flaps is in the middle position and full flaps being all the way towards me on the 3 position switch.

Can anyone clue me in as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
bigbird

Old 08-24-2008, 05:36 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX7 dual elevator and flaperons - Elevator to flaps mix?

Go to page 41 Set to FLAPERONS (Right Servo to Right Aileron...Left Servo to Left Aileron)
Go to page 53 Select Flap...Adjust for up..mid..landing or full down..[8D]
Go to page 51 and set up...

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 08-24-2008, 08:09 PM
TedMo

First select flaperons on.Pg. 39.Next connect servos to rx ports top of pg. 41 flaperons. Then go to function mode choose (flap system), there you can set amount of flap/elev. desired for ea. switch position. I prefer to use normal 0, mid 60%, land 125%. For elev. I suggest you test fly at high altitude before setting this. Oddly some planes require up elev. with flaps down others down elev. This can only be determined by testing. By the way I definitly choose to set Throttle to activate. See pg.54. One other thing I do is mix some rudder with ailerons but again only when in landing mode.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:15 PM
bigbird007

Yes, I have it all set up as per the manual and everything works except that when I put a percentage in for the elevator to flap mix in the flap system menu nothing happens.

Go to page 41 Set to FLAPERONS (Right Servo to Right Aileron...Left Servo to Left Aileron)
uh, I guess you mean AUX 1.

I have set this up before but never with dual elevator servo's...

bigbird
Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 AM
TedMo

Don't know why you're having any problem it works fine for me on several planes. I don't know what the set up is that you refer to as aerobobs spectrum duel alev. set up. By the way the quote you gave in reply to me was not from my post.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 AM
bigbird007

TedMo,

Sorry, I just clicked the reply on the last entry (codimasta). I'll work on that.

I was refering to this site (http://www.rcaerobats.net/Spektrum/dx_7_main_page.htm) scroll down for lots of info on the DX7.

I can't figure it out either, I've set up the flaperons a few times before without problem and I have had planes that needed up elevator when flaperons were deployed.

anyway, thanks for the reply

bigbird