Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Programming dual elevator servos on JR XP6102

Old 08-25-2008, 03:52 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming dual elevator servos on JR XP6102

Exactly what the title says.... I am trying to set up a friends JR XP6102 on the buddy box for my Great Planes Reactor with dual aileron servos, dual elevator servos, and one servo for rudder and throttle. I'm using the JR 9303 and so far I've got everything else programmed except these elevator servos.

I've been trying to use Program Mix 4 to connect but to no avail. Anyone have some useful tips? Also, I am not using a Y connector in the airplane.

Steven
Old 08-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Shortman

Default RE: Programming dual elevator servos on JR XP6102

Anyone? Here is where I'm at. I have Mix 4 Open and the ELE->GEAR but are the percentages suppose to be -35% +35% or can they be neutral 0 and 0%???
Old 08-25-2008, 09:33 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the 9303 the Master or the Buddy Box? Are you having trouble setting up the Master for Dual Elevators or are you having a problem getting the Buddy Box to work both Elevator halves?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Shortman

The 9303 is running perfectly. I'm trying to get my friends JR XP6101 to buddy up with dual elevators and I can't seem to get them to link period.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spend every Tues night, in the summer training people at our club field. 3 or 4 of us are the Pilot/Trainers and another 3 or 4 provide Ground support. Up until this year, most new fliers had 72Mhz systems and many times, there were issues when using Buddy Boxes that were not the same as the Master Tx. Even the same JR Quatro Tx would not work with another Quatro Tx, in one case. We never could find out why. Most problems occurred when using Non-Computer radios as Buddy Boxes with Computer radios. The biggest problems were the Buddy Box had High Rates only, or the Trims did not match.

There is always a bit of Trial and Error to get the settings in the Buddy Box to match the Master Tx. I know one guy using a Hitec Tx as a Buddy Box for a Spektrum DX7, using a JR to Futaba Buddy cord.

I have two XP9303 Tx's and I had a devil of a time getting the answer, from Horizon, on how to get them to work together, on all 9 channels. At the time, two years ago, No one seemed to know that you had to Copy the Model Memory from one Tx to the other. The manual was useless in this regard. There is quite a bit more info available, now.

JR/Spektrum require charged batteries in both the Master and the Buddy Box. Futaba does not need a battery in the Buddy Box.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Shortman

I just need to know how to program the XP6102 for dual elevators. Everything else is running perfectly smooth.