Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

partial rudder to throttle mix

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 06:19 AM
selnekav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default partial rudder to throttle mix

Hi,
I have general question :

Is it possible to apply rudder to throttle mix ( throttle = Master ) only at partial of the stick movement ? i have constant trim on my rudder which works ok when the engine is above 30% throttle. i want to have mix so it will have effect only between 0-30

i am using RDS8000 2.4GB
Old 08-31-2008, 07:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: partial rudder to throttle mix

My suggestion would be fix the thrust line of the motor.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:59 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think you could set up a Throttle to Rudder mix and limit the mix to a certain range on the Throttle. Check out your Programmable Mix options on your Tx. Some Tx's, with multiple Programmable Mixers, have different options for the first few Mixers, so look at all of your Programmable Mixers.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:20 AM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look specifially for a 4/5 point curve on the mix. A curved mix will allow you to get what you want.

SunDevilPilot
Old 08-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Campgems

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first started flying, my trainer would climb like crazy with power and sink like a rock at low rpm.. I dicided to mix elevator and throttle and aske for ideas on it. One response stuck out. "what's going to happen when you are about to land and get into trouble and punch the throttle, do you want a sudden down elevator then" Thinking this answer over, i decided he was right. I suspect that if you consider emergency throttle and the change in rudder effects on flight, you may decided like I did to fix the problem, not cover it up with mixes. I would second Barracudahocky's recomendation

Don
Old 08-31-2008, 12:57 PM
BarracudaHockey

Would you guys drive around your car holding the steering wheel to the right to keep it straight or would you get your front end aligned?
Old 08-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

It's not a $20,000 car. It's a toy airplane - have fun with the mixes. Trim/thrust setting only apply to one airspeed. If you think you have trimmed it up and it still has a problem, try a mix. That's what the big boys do with their IMAC and pattern planes - it's all part of the fun.

Kurt Bozarth
Old 08-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Campgems

Kurt, I don't know what plane he's flying, but few planes at our field fit into the "its a toy airplane" catorgory. One of our guys lost his Tiger 60 the other day and hit the shed roof over the pump for the Vineyard behind us. Take a look at the damage to the 18Ga aluminum roofing material from the "toy" The photo is after the hole was pulled back closed. Think of the damage it could do going into the pits.

Flying a plane that isn't mechanicly trimmed right leads to crashes. The mixes are to put the magic into the flights, not to make it fly straight. The big Boys with the Imac and pattern planes all spend 10's of hours if not 100's to get the plane exactly right with no deflection of the control surfaces. Then the the magic is mixed in.

Don

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24810.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1023151   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41811.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1023152  
Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 PM
BarracudaHockey

You can "wing it" but once you fly a plane thats set up correctly you'll never want to put up with one thats slapped together again.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Bozarth

I don't know what type of airplane he has and I don't know how much he paid for it! He asked a general question, and I answered it with a general response - yes, try mixing. You guys get silly sometimes. And sorry Don to hear about your friend's Tiger .60. Not a good situation. And now, at the risk of sounding sarcastic - I hope he wasn't utilizing mixes!

And regarding the magic - no such thing. A pattern plane is trimmed to it's design capabilities, and then mixed to perfection. The new radios make it a lot of fun.

Kurt
Old 09-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Campgems

ORIGINAL: Bozarth

And regarding the magic - no such thing. A pattern plane is trimmed to it's design capabilities, and then mixed to perfection. The new radios make it a lot of fun.

Kurt

If you are a magician, it all technical. If you are in the audiance, it's all magic.

I'm in the balcony about now.

Don
Old 09-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Bozarth

Don,

I like your phrase! Have a good one.

Kurt