Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with X9303, aileron set-up.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
ErikElvis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with X9303, aileron set-up.

Hey guys,

What is the easiest way to set up each aileron servo on seperate channels so I can individually adjust them and maintain dual rates? Right now I have it hooked to ail/aux2

Thanks,
Erik
Old 09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with X9303, aileron set-up.

I believe it should be hooked up on AUX1 - Setup your plane in the radio to the "Flaperon Mode" and it will automatically set AUX1 to the other aileron. All the other menus will change to reflect this displaying LAIL & RAIL instead of Ail and Aux1 making it easier to change subtrims. They will both be linked into the same dual rate switch as well as the master trim button.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

ERIK
The manual is not real clear, but if you go to the horizon site you will find set up tips for a warbird and an aerobatic plane and the 9303. Read thru these and it will seem very easy to do what you want it to do.
Fred
Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ErikElvis

Hey guys,

What is the easiest way to set up each aileron servo on seperate channels so I can individually adjust them and maintain dual rates? Right now I have it hooked to ail/aux2

Thanks,
Erik
Page A-12 and A-14 in the X9303 manual fairly simply tell how to set up two channels for ailerons on a wing(with or without flaps).
Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 PM
ErikElvis

Ok guys thanks. I have them working but the throws are all messed up. My D/R on low is 0% and high is 25% and they move a good bit. I tried adjusting the travel adjust but that did nothing for the dr.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

The best way to set D/R.....Set "0" at 100 %.....(This is your High Rate)..go to Travel adjust and adjust the deflection of the surface...(1" say for the Aileron), then Set "1" at
what ever the low rate that the model calls for...( Lets say the Aileron low rate is 3/4"), then set D/R at 75%....you will get 3/4" deflection..
Now for the Aileron Set up: Go to DEVICE SELECT...Rotate roller unit until you are under AUX2 (on the bottom of the screen) Press the Roller and INH AUX2.
Go to WING TYPE..Select NORMAL, Rotate the Roller until you are under AILE, Press roller and Select AUX2.
Plug the Right Aileron into the Aileron on the Receiver, Plug the Left Aileron into the AUX2 on the Receiver.
Just remember that any change on Aileron Travel adjustment, has to be done on AUX2 also.

Hope this helps..
Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
ErikElvis

I ended up using the flap channel. And in my list now I have LAIL RAIL. The flap switch is on INH. Can I adjust the travel the same way as you stated.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:00 PM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem I see most often, when flyers are setting up computer radios for Flaperons, is that they Forget to turn off the Flap System or the Flap Trim, and as a result, if they inadvertently flip the Flap Switch or Flap Knob, the Ailerons are out of trim.

In the case of my XP9303, I just set up an Extreme Flight Yak54, 87", with a new receiver. I mixd Ail (Ch2) and Aux1 (Ch6), using the Flaperon Wing type. When I first turned on the Tx and Rx, the Ailerons went Off Neutral, because the Flap Switch was Down. When I put the Flap Switch to Center, the Ailerons were at Neutral. It reminded me to INHIBIT the Flap System, as I did not want to use the Ailerons as Flaps, I just wanted to mix the two channels and adjust each Aileron so that they Matched.

When I set up a new plane of this size, I mechanically set all Servo Arms to 90 deg and all Control Surfaces to Neutral, I install the Pushrods, I turn on the Tx and Rx, I Reset the Model Memory, Set the Wing Type, Set the Servo Direction, Be sure all the ATV, SubTrim and Trims are Zero, Be sure All Mixers are OFF, including Flap Sys, Install the Servo Arms as close to 90 deg as possible, use SubTrim to get the Servo Arm to 90 deg, Set the ATV, Use a Programmable Mixer to mix Elev with Aux3 ( I use each Elevator half on a separate channel), Set Dual Rates and Expo, Set Throttle Trim to Zero and Throttle Stick to Full Down, Close the Carb Barrel or Butterfly, Set the Throttle ATV to 100%, Set the Throttle Servo Arm to 45 deg Down, Install the Throttle Pushrod, Move the Throttle Stick to Full Throttle, Adjust the Throttle ATV down from 100% until there is no Binding, Make slight mechanical adjustments to keep the High Throttle Endpoints above 50% and Low Throttle Endpoints close to 100%, Make slight SubTrim adjustments to get All Control Surfaces to Neutral,
Old 09-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Hilarious

Erik,
Really it is very easy. Check the video link in this article. It talks about the JR Data Transfer program but the video outlines the dual aileron and dual elevator setup and even includes the data file to download if you happen to have the new JR Data Transfer program

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1827