Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9303 trims again...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 04:36 PM
LAZETA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 trims again...

IS THERE A WAY TO PROGRAM ON THE 9303 2 SERVOS ON EACH WING AND FOR THE TRIMS TO WORK NOT ONLY IN TWO BUT IN ALL FOR SERVOS, ALSO WHEN I MIX RUDDER TO AILERON TO COMPENSATE ON KNIFE EDGE ONLY ONE WING RESPONDS TO THE NEW MIX. I REMEMBERD THAT ON THE 7 THE LAST MIXES INCORPORATED THE TRIM FEATURE BUT APPARENTLY THE 9303 DOES NOT, CAN IT BE DONE WITH OUT ADITIONAL MATCH BOXES?

THANKS
LAZETA
Old 09-26-2008, 07:20 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 9303 trims again...

There was another thread, a while ago, that covered this very topic.. You might search for that.

I am using an XP9303 on a Kangaroo jet, with Split Ailerons. There are two ailerons, Inboard and Outboard, on each wing half. For each wing half, the two servos are connected with a Matchbox. The Right Aileron is connected to the Aileron channel. The Left Aileron is connected to the Elevator channel. I am using the Elevon Wing type, in this case.

You could use the same setup for a plane that had one Aileron per wing half and two servos per Aileron half. You could then use the Flaperon Wing type and connect one Matchbox to the Aileron ch and one Matchbox to the Aux1 channel. The Aileron Trim will work for both Ailerons

There may be a way to put each Aileron servo on a separate channel and mix all four servos as the Ailerons. I have never tried it. I do not know how the Trims would work in this case.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: LAZETA

IS THERE A WAY TO PROGRAM ON THE 9303 2 SERVOS ON EACH WING AND FOR THE TRIMS TO WORK NOT ONLY IN TWO BUT IN ALL FOR SERVOS, ALSO WHEN I MIX RUDDER TO AILERON TO COMPENSATE ON KNIFE EDGE ONLY ONE WING RESPONDS TO THE NEW MIX. I REMEMBERD THAT ON THE 7 THE LAST MIXES INCORPORATED THE TRIM FEATURE BUT APPARENTLY THE 9303 DOES NOT, CAN IT BE DONE WITH OUT ADITIONAL MATCH BOXES?

THANKS
LAZETA
Well first off, you might want to consider not typing in all capital letters as it's considered shouting, just a thought....

I saw your post on Mike's forum but didn't answer there. In short, there is no native mix for the X9303 that will allow you to use four separate aileron servos. There is a mix some guys are using which only has trim on two servos, so they put them both on the same side and fly that way. Then when it's trimmed in flight with one side, they adjust the sub trims on the other side through a process of trial and error. Seems like a lot of monkey business to me, but some have done it. As has been mentioned, do a search for the thread on that mix with only one side trim if you're interested in pursuing that.

I use BuschBarber's technique of matchboxes for my aileron servos on the model that has four servos on the wings, but only a 9 channel rx.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:25 PM
LAZETA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your answers...