Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 drops and breaks antenna..part number??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:16 AM
sodbuster 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 drops and breaks antenna..part number??

Dopey me was setting up throws on a plane with the radio sitting on the edge of work table when of course.......

good catch between the ankles, but not good enough to stop the antenna from trying to drill a hole into the floor

anyone know the replacement part number for the whole antenna ass"y? couldn't find it on Horizons site

broke the removable bayonet mount inside the case and the base of the antenna itself
Old 09-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: DX7 drops and breaks antenna..part number??

Hmmm......

Memory is failing me right now, but IIRC there was a thread about replacing antennas on the tx's and the gist of the thing was that Horizon doesn't want them replaced in the field due to possible user error while doing it.

There was a part number for an E-Flite item that some claimed worked, and one guy did manage to get an antenna shipped to his LHS after some wrangling with Horizon over the issue.

If I had a link to the thread I'd post it so you could take a look at that E-Flite part, but you may find it if you do a search.

I also don't remember if it was a JR or Spektrum tx as replacing the antenna on an X9303 would be more challenging than a DX-7. According to interactions of the OP, that is the reason you can't find a part number for the antenna. Have you called HH to see if they'll sell you one?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is an EFlight replacement antenna
YOU may find it works for you even tho the pigtail is not same length.
Once apon a time
it was illegal for a NON licenced individual to screw with the bits n pieces which are in any device which radiates RF. Horizon may be observing that good reg.
Some guys are dangerous wif a screwdriver - If you buy it and use it - you are definately -on yer own.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:14 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Horizon will not sell you the part. You must send it in. Dennis
Old 09-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

Horizon will not sell you the part. You must send it in. Dennis
Dennis is correct.