Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

How do I change from mode 2 to mode 1 an Airtronics RDS8000?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How do I change from mode 2 to mode 1 an Airtronics RDS8000?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Erleeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I change from mode 2 to mode 1 an Airtronics RDS8000?

Hello Guys,

I just received my new Airtronics RDS8000 2.4Ghz radio in mode 2 (throttle stick on left side) and I would like to change it to Mode 1 (throttle stick on right side) I have done it before with my Futaba -6EXAs and Hitec Optic radios and it was very simple, all is explained in the users manual
Now, with the Airtronics radio the mode change explanation in the manual is limited to the switches swap at the top, but I actually need to know how do I change the rest to mode 1.
I found a tread posted by Henrik on 6/26/2005 in which he mentions how to enter into the service menu of an Airtronics RD8000 72 Mhz to have the mode changed into the computer's radio

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3111117/tm.htm]Help for Sanwa/Airtronics RD8000 - 6/26/2005 8:43:33 PM[/link]

Is this method valid for the RDS8000 from mode 2? or else, how do I do the computer part?

Thanks in advance,
ER
Old 10-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Erleeo

Default RE: How do I change from mode 2 to mode 1 an Airtronics RDS8000?

For those guys who was following my tread/question, here is what I did and worked perfectly fine:

OK, I finally did change my radio mode (from mode 2 to 1) using the instructions provided by Henrik earlier in another tread (above link), although to enter into the service menu I had to move other switches.
Please keep in mind that any of these changes are at your sole risk and no one else! Note that the Airtronics Users Manual for the RDS8000 radio clearly states that any other changes than moving the two switches at the top will void the Warranty.

All right, now to the procedure I followed. With the radio turned off set all the switches as listed bellow
1. SET the left shoulder 3 position toggle switch in the middle (right shoulder if your radio is mode in 2)

2. Turn the right shoulder toggle switch towards you (left if your radio is in mode 2)

3. Both right and left of the two way switch beside the screen, all must be turn as "O"
(at bottom side). Actually I had to set all 4 switches at the bottom position

4. Press both F-MODE key and END key simultaneously, then turn the power on.

5. Screen should not show any indication (like if the radio was turned off), turn the left toggle switch towards you (right shoulder 3 position switch if you radio is in mode 2)

6. Screen now shows "SVC"

7. Down scroll the mode by pressing arrow bottom.

8. Press the key six (6) times, you will scroll down from SVC, INIT, CH, NEU, TRV, A/D & come to MODE.

9. Now you should be in the "MODE" to change from MODE 1 to MODE 2 by Pressing key to the arrow right. Screen should be displayed with "1! Press Inc (+) key then indication now should be as "2"

10. Press end, Now you should be back in the MODE and completion of the change. Simply turn off the main power. You are now set as MODE 2!
Old 10-26-2008, 10:49 AM
jjgonzalez

Default RE: How do I change from mode 2 to mode 1 an Airtronics RDS8000?

Thanks a lot for the information. It worked perfect.

Have you investigated the use of the other options of the srevice menu ?

INIT, CH, NEU, TRV, A/D .

KIn regardfs again
Old 06-22-2015, 06:19 PM
tewitt1949

Erleeo....Tryed your mode changing thread and I must have done something wrong. My radio is basically dead now. The screen is blank. Can't do anything with it. Can you please help me?
Old 04-28-2016, 06:42 PM
tewitt1949

Up dated:

I had to switch my radio from mode 2 to mode 1, so I tried it on my own from " how to" postings on the internet. Well the radio went brain dead. I couldn't do anything with it.

So I mentioned it at the field and this guy in our club over heard and said if I want he will take it and reset it back to factory settings. He said when he worked at the hobby shop it was his expertise/job to reprogram all radios from mode 1 to mode 2 and vise versa. A couple days later he returned it and works like a new now.

I see a couple postings were people need theirs changed and at airtronics its kind of a problem getting it done. This guy said to pass his email along and he will help you out changing your radio. His email address is [email protected]. His name is John.

He will take care of you.

Last edited by tewitt1949; 04-28-2016 at 07:28 PM.