Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX-7 Mixing ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX-7 Mixing ?

I am already driving 2 rudder servos with a "Y" on a twin boom aircraft. Is there a MIX that will allow me to drive a nose wheel servo plugged into AUX 1, using the same rudder stick ?

... zak
Old 10-02-2008, 03:11 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DX-7 Mixing ?

I have helped others, at our flying field, with their DX7 radios, but I do not have one in front of me. I have two XP9303 radios, at present, but I have used many other computer radios in the past.

Most Programmable Mixes let you mix two channels as Master and Slave. I Slave the Nosewheel to the Rudders (Master) on my Kangaroo jet.

As long as you are not using Flaps or Flaperons, the Aux1 channel should be fine for Nosewheel. I do not remember, with the DX7, if there is a feature to disable the Flap Switch if you are mixing Aux1 with another channel and do not want that switch to change the Aux1 trim. The higher end radios let you do that.

I use the Aux1 Subtrim to tweak the Nosewheel into trim. I would not want to accidentally hit the Flap Switch, in flight, and land with the Nosewheel way out of trim.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX-7 Mixing ?

" the Aux1 channel should be fine for Nosewheel. I do not remember, with the DX7, if there is a feature to disable the Flap Switch if you are mixing Aux1 with another channel and do not want that switch to change the Aux1 trim. "

Yes, I was able to muddle through it and disable the Flap Switch. This then allowed me to mix Rudder with Aux 1 ( normally used for flaps )

Problem solved !

Adios.

... zak