Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 12FG Programing Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:20 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 12FG Programing Questions

Can someone tell me how to get the trim (T3) to work with the throttle (J3)??? I'm trying to set up my carb linkage but T3 has no movement on the throttle channel. I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out this one.

Thanks.

Figured this one out.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:32 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12FG Programing Questions

Go to the “linkage” menu then “function”. Check that throttle J3 shows T3. Also check the T1-T6 menu.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:52 PM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: 8178

Go to the “linkage” menu then “function”. Check that throttle J3 shows T3. Also check the T1-T6 menu.

Thanks.. I did have J3 and T3 in the linkage menu. Now what should I be doing in the t1/t6 menu??? I see T3>step4>comb. I have no idea of what to do here. The manul is not clear to a newbie like me.

Thanks for your responce
Old 10-11-2008, 02:14 PM

The manual could be better for sure! Unless I’m missing something it should work. Did the trim ever work? You might try copying your current aircraft to the SD card and then switch back to the internal model and reset it. I’ve never done that but it would reset all the programming for that model back to default.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:24 PM
SoCalSal

The manual could be better for sure! Unless I’m missing something it should work. Did the trim ever work? You might try copying your current aircraft to the SD card and then switch back to the internal model and reset it. I’ve never done that but it would reset all the programming for that model back to default.
Hi..I really don't know if it ever worked (trim) this is the first plane I have had a chance to install the system on. I also posted the same question to the Futaba direct support site. I won't hear from them till the first of next week.

I have the throttle working..just can't get that T3 trim to do anything and I need to be able to shut down the engine with the trim.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:30 PM

The trim should impact only the low end/idle speed. Normally you use “throttle cut” feature to kill the engine.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:21 PM
SoCalSal

The trim should impact only the low end/idle speed. Normally you use “throttle cut” feature to kill the engine.
Ok...I got that one figured out from the book.....thanks for the help. Now not having that T3 switch working is starting to bug me. But I feel if I play with it I will get it at some point.

I really like this radio a LOT but there is a learning curve for sure. Only thing I would change if I could other than the book is the case.....my Multiplex Evo9 has the best feeling case that I have ever felt. It is just plain butter in your hands. It feels like it was custom made for my hands.
Thanks
Old 10-11-2008, 04:37 PM

You might try changing J3 to use T6 as a test.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:29 PM
SoCalSal

You might try changing J3 to use T6 as a test.
I got T3 to work...it most likley was always working. What I don't understand is it only seems to move the servo when the throttle stick J3 is at the midway point on the transmitter. Is there some type of programing that needs to be done so that it (T3) will work at the lower stick settings???? I think there must be but it may take me a lot of fooling around with the transmitter to figure it out. This is why I think there needs to be someone out there that can do a much better job of writing the owners manuel. There must be a eaiser way to explain to new owners what all the features are for and how to get them programed in a manner that Joe 6 pack can understand.

GOT THIS FIGURED OUT AS WELL
Old 10-11-2008, 05:59 PM

My trim changes the throttle in all stick positions but full. But if you do change the trim at full throttle it does change the idle position when you pull the stick back to idle. I’ve only had my 12FG a week and there has been a learning curve compared to my 9C but the 12FG features are much more complex. Wait tell you try to figure out how to set up triple rates!
Old 10-11-2008, 06:06 PM
SoCalSal

My trim changes the throttle in all stick positions but full. But if you do change the trim at full throttle it does change the idle position when you pull the stick back to idle. I’ve only had my 12FG a week and there has been a learning curve compared to my 9C but the 12FG features are much more complex. Wait tell you try to figure out how to set up triple rates!

Triple rates??? I don't have anything that would need that feature yet. I'm trying to get my 33% Stearman ready to fly. Just the basic 5 channel plus a switch for the smoke pump and one for the fiber optic ignition kill switch. But I have all the radio I'll ever need I think. I also have a 33% Waco YMF 5 that will get the 2.4 in it next. After that I have a 124" Stinson SR10 getting framed up.

Anyhow I'll figure out how to get that T3 trim to work on the lower half of the stick.....it will just take some investigating this new radio.
Thanks