Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

RDS 8000 How do I change from mode 1 to mode 2 the micro-computer ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RDS 8000 How do I change from mode 1 to mode 2 the micro-computer ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:57 PM
jjgonzalez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RDS 8000 How do I change from mode 1 to mode 2 the micro-computer ?

Changinging the mechanics from mode 1 to mode 2 is fairly easy but I do not know how to change the micro-computer.

I found instructions for doing it on the RD 8000 but they do not work in the RDS 8000.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:25 PM
pault
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: RDS 8000 How do I change from mode 1 to mode 2 the micro-computer ?

hello.......go to hobbypeople.com......click on customer service...bottom of the page....click on link to [email protected] can help you...paul
Old 10-23-2008, 10:26 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

The RDS8000 is offered in seperate Mode 1 and Mode 2 models and may not be convertible by the end user. Hopefully Airtronics/Global Hobby can provide you with more definitive information, but I suspect you may not like the answer.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:42 AM
jjgonzalez

I found this instructions on the web and they did the mode change without any problem:

The procedure I followed. With the radio turned off set all the switches as listed bellow:

1. SET the left shoulder 3 position toggle switch in the middle (right shoulder if your radio is mode in 2)

2. Turn the right shoulder toggle switch towards you (left if your radio is in mode 2)

3. Both right and left of the two way switch beside the screen, all must be turn as "O"
(center point). Actually I had to set all 4 switches at the bottom position

4. Press both F-MODE key and END key simultaneously, then turn the power on.

5. Screen should not show any indication (like if the radio was turned off), turn the left toggle switch towards you (right shoulder 3 position switch if you radio is in mode 2)

6. Screen now shows "SVC"

7. Down scroll the mode by pressing arrow bottom.

8. Press the key six (6) times, you will scroll down from SVC, INIT, CH, NEU, TRV, A/D & come to MODE.

9. Now you should be in the "MODE" to change from MODE 1 to MODE 2 by Pressing key to the arrow right. Screen should be displayed with "1! Press Inc (+) key then indication now should be as "2"

10. Press end, Now you should be back in the MODE and completion of the change. Simply turn off the main power. You are now set as MODE 2!