Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mixing TX & RX Brands

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 07:09 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing TX & RX Brands

I Currently use Futaba Equipment and now need a new Radio. (and I have lots of questions)
Do all the new radios come with that goofy hard to hold trainer push button?
Is futaba the Best band for the buck?
Can I use a different Radio and have it still work on my Futaba Reciever?
Who makes the tower radio? Is it any good?
Old 03-18-2002, 10:07 PM
MTT
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goldwing, you can mix Tx and Rx brands, as long as you observe the shift polarity, Futaba uses negative shift. On some Tx's you can select it. I am currently using my Multiplex TX with a Hitec receiver, and have used it with a JR in the past, no problems.

I read somewhere (I think it was on RCOnline.com ) that the Tower Hobies servos are made by Futaba.

Don't know about the trainer button.

Michael
Old 03-19-2002, 12:40 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Goldwing,
No, only the 6X used the trainer button. The 8U, 9C and 9Z all use a spring loaded switch.

Futaba receivers are compatible with HiTec, Tower, HPI, and a variety of other negative shift receivers, but not JR or Airtronics (unless they offer shift select).

The Tower equipment is made by a reputable RC manufacturer and is high quality equipment. I can not comment on who specifically makes the equipment, sorry.

The Futaba radios are superb products and I think you will be pleased if you stay with your Futaba equipment. What specifically are you looking for in a radio? what models are you considering?

If, for example, you are trying to decide between the new Futaba 9C and the JR 8103, I recommend you email to:

[email protected]

with 9cvs8103 in the subject and message. Our system will immediatley provide you a detailed comparison of the 2 radios.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Services and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
NO AUTORESPONDER
Old 03-19-2002, 02:54 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Default Thank You

Amcross:

Thank you so much for your help. I have two Futaba Radios a Futaba FP-T7UHF and a Futaba FP-T7UAF. (no longer own a chopper but keep it 'just in case') Both fantastic radios. (never a problem) The only thing is I wish was to program more then one plane. The 6X is about the right price (very tight budget) but we tried the little button and wow it hurts after a while and you can't move the sticks while holding the button (like to do what the student is doing) Also when you come off the little button your hand is cramped up from holding the little thing. The clock is also such a wonderful thing! Anyway, looking for something like I have but with multiple planes that is not too costly. Are Radios that use the little TX module gone? It sure is nice as I use the Chopper module in my other plane and just swap them quickely. (and reprogram slightly)

Thanks much for you help.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:23 PM
flatfour

You might want to look for an 8U super. It uses the same TX modules as the 7U and there seem to be a good amount for sale lately now that the 9C is available.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:44 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Default Futaba FP-T7UHF & Futaba FP-T7UAF

The 8U looks like a nice radio but may be a bit out of my price range for a while. Does anyone know if my Futaba FP-T7UHF can be converted to be like my Futaba FP-T7UAF? In other words make my chopper radio run like my Airplane radio?
Old 03-19-2002, 06:55 PM
flatfour

If you sell the two 7's, you will have enough for an 8.
Old 03-20-2002, 04:36 AM
Hanger Rat

Flatfour, I have been looking for the answer to the question " Can I use a R129DP 1024 PCM receiver and an R128DF with a super 8 radio? Can I also switch frequency modules between a super 7 and a super 8. Thanks
Old 03-20-2002, 05:33 AM
flatfour

Default Didn't know I became the Shell answer man........

Yes you can switch frequency modules between the 5U-7U-8U-9C. This is a type TP-FM module.

Yes you can use a R129DP and R128DF receiver with the 8U.
You just have to switch the radio transmission mode. PPM for the 128DF and PCM for the 129DP. After making the change in the menu, you must power the radio off then on for it to become effective.

I just downloaded the manual from Futaba to take a peek. The page for chaning the PPM/PCM was blank until I installed the Adobe Japanese package on my PC