Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR R790UL Full Range or Park only?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:22 AM
F4U Corsair
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR R790UL Full Range or Park only?

I'm interested in the JR R790UL (ultra light) receivers and need to know if these are full range receivers or are they only designed for Park flyers in minimum fly zone areas? They are significantly less money vs. the regular R790 size Rx's. Thanks, DG
Old 11-02-2008, 11:21 AM
carrellh

Default RE: JR R790UL Full Range or Park only?

The lower price, and the description, make me think it is limited range. Removing 6 grams of plastic didn't save 10 bucks.

Perfect for mini helis like the T-Rex 450
Weight critical park flyers will like to know that JR is now offering an Ultralite version of the most popular synthesized receiver.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
reincarnate

I think you're wrong. I currently use 3 of them (I own 6 of the regular 790 also) and have one of them installed on a 78" Extra 300 powered by a Saito 220. Range checks the exact same as a regular 790 (swapped in place to make sure).

The circuitry and the rx are the exact same, the only difference is the case.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:37 PM
tanker1230
My Feedback: (3)

You must be new to the hobby?Yes it will perform at full range assuming you are refering to a real rc aircraft such as a .40 or .120 sized nitro!All Jr did was redesign to a smaller lightwieght case.For future reference call a reputable company Tower or i have a thought JRand ask a technician.Sorry if this sounds harsh but keep in mind i have 30 plus years in this hobby, you don't want to chance your hard earned money your pride and joy in some parkflyer's opinion (apples to toilets sort of thing)or some yahoo who is just quessing.Best advice to you join a club connect with a senior flyer utilize his expierience,at my club i am pretty much the go to guy for advice i may not know everything but when i give advice i am never wrong.
Tanker
Old 11-08-2008, 08:26 PM
reincarnate

Removed due to misunderstanding.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:38 PM
tanker1230
My Feedback: (3)

First of all who the hell is carellh? you(reincarate) are exactly one of those 'yahoos' i was talking about.How are your comments helpful to the original question, they are not.Also i refered to Tower only as a source for tech help not as a Jr support link.Maybe if people like yourself would focus more on the positive rather than cobling up these forums with your childish and useless comments such as impling i was talking about your so called well respected gentleman Carellh,if i had something to say about him i woulld have said it to him and by the way if you haven't figured it out yet i am direct and to the point kind of person.Unlike yourself who can't offer anything positive due to your lack of knowlege all you know how to due is interject with pissy little comments that i would expect from someones little sister!There hope you can have as much fun with this as the prior.By the way,Carellh no disrespect to you sir in any manner.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 PM
F4U Corsair

Thanks for your comments and info. No I'm not new to RC, not sure what made you think that??? I'm just considering switching from Futaba to JR7202 Scan Select FM Tx, or possibly the 2.4 Ghz Spectrum DX7 and was trying to get information on the R790UL Scan Select Rx. I went to the JR website and to me it wasn't clear as to whether it was full range or parkflyer (shorter range) Rx from the description. You are probably right to contact the Mfg. and ask to be sure.

I've also heard that JR is not going to be making FM radios anymore, only, 2.4Ghz, any truth to that?

DG
Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 PM
phatom77

DG
I have a jr radio and was looking to get another one.
i was told by my LHS that JR is moving away from the FM radios
and pushing towards the 2.4 ghz line.

phatom
Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 AM
F4U Corsair

Where is SW OH are you, Cincinnati? If yes, where do you fly? DG
Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
carrellh

I don't know if they will stop making FM systems for the worldwide market, but, I suspect Horizon will severely cut their orders and that will effectively kill the availability in the US.

I suspect the Hobbico conglomerate will do the same with Futaba.

The best we dinosaurs who want to keep our FM stuff can probably hope for is continued availability of Hitec and other '3rd party' receivers.

I could be very wrong about this (and hope that I am) but two local hobby shops have told me they will not replenish any 72 mhz stock as they sell it off.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:22 PM
F4U Corsair

Yep, I agree with you...FM is on it's way out the door. I just hope the FAA let's us continue to use the 72 Mhz band for another 10 years or more. I got back into his hobby after a 25 yr. leave of absence, and decided to stick with FM do to the high cost of 2.4Ghz receivers at that time. Now that I have 4-5 airplanes again, and looking for more, I'm glad I stuck with FM. I like the concept for the 2.4Ghz systems, but I think the manufacturers need a little more time to refine the technology and get all the "glitches" out. Once FM is stopped being stocked by the LHS's I'm sure the 2.4Ghz. prices will start coming down a bit so that will help move it along as well. DG
Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 PM
phatom77

ORIGINAL: gregoryda

Where is SW OH are you, Cincinnati? If yes, where do you fly? DG
DG
yea i am from the cincinnati area.

phatom