Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX6i

Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Gassit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6i

Confused and Stuck!!
I have a Spektrum DX6i ... spektrum aircraft receiver #AR6200 (DSM2) and for the first time I am trying to fly with flaps. The radio program allows you to program in flaps but the receiver does not have a [flap] slot/socket. The only two - spares - are Aux1 and Gear. On my plane, I hooked up both servos via a Y harness and plugged it into the Aux1 slot....but they still function as ailerons....that is when the left flap goes up, the right one goes down. Can't seem to figure this out and it is killing me!!! I must be dumber that a rock for I cant find anything in my manual regarding my dilemma. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks. David
Old 11-09-2008, 06:21 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX6i

For most Radios, Ch6 is the Flap channel. Whether or not the Rx has Ch6 marked as Aux1, Flaps, or 6, it is still the same channel that the Tx uses for Flaps.. I currently use Spektrum AR900 and 6100 Rx's. I have an XP9303 Tx with a Spektrum module. Ch6 is the Flap channel.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:36 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gassit, I know what you are going through. I just got a DX6i myself this week-end and have a sim. prob. I have not got it on the table with the plane that it's gonna fly yet but useing a 6100 Rec. I can see i'm gonna have to scratch my head before it's over. I have a e-flight AT-6 Texan with a 2 servo aileron set-up, Flaps and retractable gear. Now I know I gotta use the Aux for the left wing and that sews it up for my flaps while useing the 5th ch. for gear. Mabey I will Fig. something out. Hope you get your Fig out. Hooker53
Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hook both aileron servos to ail channel-use a Y harness
Ths is all you need for this size model Then use flap channel/ rectract as you like
All this business of having to use two channels for ailerons is really not neccessary except for current requirements on larger servos OR if futzing with aileron differential
It has become common place but not necessary
You cant pull enough current on that model to affect the use of a Y harness. I have DX6i and Dx7 and x9303 .for small models I use Y or a 500 rx which has an internal Y .
Old 11-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Gassit

Thanks for the info folks!! I shall play around a bit more and see what happens ..... then will post. And Hooker53 - the DX6i works well for retracts, ailerons etc. etc.. It's a great radio to learn with and is very capable of handling most planes. It's just this flap thing that has me in a flap...
Old 11-09-2008, 08:33 PM
hooker53

Dick. Thanks. You know we used a y in a lot of places years ago and like you said we have used the 8/9 ch. rigs in the last few years to the extent that I have forgoten about the use of Y's Ha. Ha. I found and read Greg C's build thread here on the T-6 and got all that worked out. Guess I posted a prob to fast with doing the homework. Ha. Thanks again and good luck gassit. The DX6i is a new little toy for me. I have 10x and Cap9's but knew that stuff would have been to heavy for this bird. Later. Hooker53
Old 11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
jerseyflyer

ok so i have been doing my homework and i can't figure out how to fix my situation...

i just got a used dx6i from a fellow member of the universe... it was sent with everything in the box and looks great so no complaints there... i've binded it to the receiver provided(ar6200) and everything works except the throttle! i've checked everything leading back to the receiver... i've binded the dx6i to my ar500 and it works great so i know its not the tx... i also switched esc's, motors, and batteries to make sure that none of them are the problem with getting no throttle from the ar6200... i've checked forums, asked the previous owner, and i may even call spektrum in the morning... but can anyone here offer any suggestions... i'm desperate and i don't think this guy sold me bad equipment, i just really think i'm missing something...
Old 11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure you have the Throttle direction set properly on the Tx? It will affect the Arming of the ESC.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:29 PM
jerseyflyer

absolutely... i get nothing up and down the stick...
Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
jerseyflyer

i forgot to make mention that the motor doesn't even do the song and dance when the battery is connected.. for example when i connect the batter to the ar500 rx it gives a long tone then three short tones and once its connected to the tx it gives three rising tones... the ar6200 does nothing...
Old 11-10-2008, 06:05 PM
hooker53

Jersey, That sounds like the ECU. Try that ECU in another set-up or put another ECU with the motor thats not doing the "song and dance". I had a smaller smaller set-up that done the same thing and it turned out to be the ecu!! Let us know. Hooker53
Old 11-10-2008, 08:36 PM
jerseyflyer

i tried that once before and just tried it again... either there is a programmed setting in the ar6200 that i don't know about thats keeping it from arming the motor or there is just something wrong with it... thats all i can think at this point... i didn't call spektrum today because i didn't have the time... but thats really starting to get high on my list of things that i'm considering...
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 PM
hooker53

Thats a kick in the groin when something like this hits ya. It can't be anything other than the ECU, Motor or the RX. I'm like you if it's getting all the other Chan. but throttle the TX is prob. ok. Good Luck. Hooker53
Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 PM
jerseyflyer

thanks... i just emailed spektrum to see if they can offer any wisdom...
Old 11-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Gassit

Thank you. I tried and tried and tried. No luck. Perhaps a "reverse servo" is the trick?

Cheers.......David
Old 11-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Hilarious

Gassit,
Check a couple things. Check the servo travel settings for throttle. Should be 100%, On AR6200 (like 6100) the first slot is for battery not ESC, second slot is for throttle or ESC, then third if the TX is in heli mode the throttle may be in Throttle hold position.

There is nothing wrong with the radio here so I would suggest you bind to a new model memory or reset your model memory before getting concerned. Also check the polarity of your ESC connector. Plug a servo into the throttle slot and see if it is active, if it is then the problem may well be the ESC itself.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:46 AM
Gassit

Situation fixed. For those facing the same problem, I got the flaps working (in the right direction) by purchasing a 'servo reversing wire lead'. All it does is reverse one servo so the flaps no longer act as ailerons.

Thanks all for your assistance.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

[8D]
Go page 43 in the manual WINGTAIL MIX (Highlite and Press the Roller), New Menu:
DUALAILE.....INH, (Highlite and Press the Roller) ACT
VTAIL...........INH
ELEVON........INH
Use the Right Aileron Servo into #2 (aile on receiver)
Use the Left Aileron Servo into #6 (AUX1 on the receiver or Flap)
This will allow you to use the Travel adjust, sub-trim, rev, on each servo.

Codimasta
Old 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Gassit

Thanks Codimasta. That actually works. cheers!