Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 8UAP HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:01 PM
adrian222
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 8UAP HELP!

G'day Folks.

Here is a liitle bit of advice first when you put your TX in the transmitter pound at the field make sure you take off your neck strap off the Tx if you use one.
Other wise what will happen as happened to me is someone else will put their Tx next to yours and go to pull theirs out and the neck strap gets hooked on a switch or something and dragged my tx off of the shelf and dropped 5 ft onto concrete.

Which leads me to my next item as to my now damaged Futaba 8UAP which is very hard to find here in Australia.
I went looking in the USA and discovered a few for sale and thought this is good but when I ask the seller if he is willing to ship the item at my expense of course to australia.
They send me a message back saying that they don't send outside of the states.

This has happened 3 out of 4 times so far and makes me wonder why is this so if you are trying to sell something?

If anybody can help with a 8UAP as thats all I can afford and would like to use the old one for spares.

Like to hear your advice.

Thanks Adrian.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:20 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 8UAP HELP!

I don't see why shipping out of the US would be a problem. I lived in Europe for several years and ordered several things from the US with no problems. How much would you pay for an 8U? I can look at a swap meet for one here next month.
Why not fix your own? You probably broke switches. You can get those from any Futaba distributer. If you don't feel comfortable replacing them yourself you can probably find a tech to do it for you. Its really not all that hard.
I once dropped mine and broke a circuit boad inside. I just soldered jumper wires over the broken area and it worked fine.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 8UAP HELP!

Send me a pm. I will sell you mine for $50 plus whatever the shipping is.