Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 AM
103/17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Well........I have my SD-10G half full ( 10 models ) and I will have a few more on as soon as I get the other receivers. I will buy the card to expand to 50 models because I often set a model up twice with two different set ups. This takes up two model spots on the TX. Call me wacky but its actually a great tool to set up your model with and I have been doing it for a few years now since a friend in the club showed it to me. He had been doing it for a few years before that. So..............no I wont have 50 models but I will have clase to twenty and a few of those will be set up twice. Some will be small electrics and others will be large WW1 gassers. I would rather have the room to expand then have to buy a new TX. 4 models on my old JR 347 was way too small and 10 on my old 8103 was not quite enough. 20 on the SD-10G will fit most and the card is nice for me............everyone is different.

103/17
Old 07-29-2009, 02:23 PM
DougV

FASST uses 36 channels of frequency band 2405.376 - 2477.0566

Page 5 of the test report.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=509551&fcc_id='AZPT10CG-24G'

Doug.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:43 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Concerning a "20" model memory; is it like the 50 model card I have for my Stylus. It will hold "about" 50 simple 4 channel models, with no mixes, dual servos, etc. However, when I started putting in scale models, like twins and warbirds with lots of mixing and using all 8 channels on each model, it turned out to hold more on the order of 18-20 models. Is the memory in the SG-10 like that, or will it actually hold 20 complicated programs?
Old 07-29-2009, 06:59 PM
JR1947

I was trying to change the switch configuration and locked my self out of programing so now the only I can do is send it back to Airtronics for fix call for assistance and that was there only way of helping me what a bummer now with out radio again. They should have warning on these so you will be aware of this snafo that's designed in to these. Only having this radio for week and already back to square one. I should have not sold my 9Z it was a little complicated to program but at least it did not lock me out so I could not fix the problem. Let you know how I come out on the return. JR
Old 07-29-2009, 07:04 PM
RCGeckoman

ORIGINAL: JR1947

I was trying to change the switch configuration and locked my self out of programing so now the only I can do is send it back to Airtronics for fix call for assistance and that was there only way of helping me what a bummer now with out radio again. They should have warning on these so you will be aware of this snafo that's designed in to these. Only having this radio for week and already back to square one. I should have not sold my 9Z it was a little complicated to program but at least it did not lock me out so I could not fix the problem. Let you know how I come out on the return. JR
what did you do? exactly....so the rest of us can learn and avoid that mistake!!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 PM
TMooreATX

Did you try switching to another model?

TM
Old 07-29-2009, 11:02 PM
MikeGreenshields

1. "Lock out"? Who exactly did you talk to who said it must be returned. And Frankly, I'd like to know what you did too because we have not seen what you are talking about. Did you say it was in the Switch configuration?

2. "Memory Card" The Memory card holds 20 true, complete, complicated models.
And that is in addition to the 20 in the radio. So, if you have the memory card installed, you will have 40 model memory. You do NOT have to "unload" the 20 installed in the transmitter memory to "load" the 20 in the card.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Pippin

I asked before, does Sanwa/Airtronics produce different SD10 sets for the Japanese and American markets as JR does?

Or simply, is the SD10 FHSS marketed in Japan from the same production line in China as the SD10 FHSS for the US market?

As I understand, there are differences between the Japanese and American JR radios.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 AM
TMooreATX

ORIGINAL: Pippin

I asked before, does Sanwa/Airtronics produce different SD10 sets for the Japanese and American markets as JR does?

Or simply, is the SD10 FHSS marketed in Japan from the same production line in China as the SD10 FHSS for the US market?

As I understand, there are differences between the Japanese and American JR radios.

I have no idea what JR/Spektrum do regarding the Japanese market versus the US market. Sanwa's modulation scheme and power is the same AFAIK. FHSS-3 and FHSS-1 is the same here as in Japan.

TM
Old 07-30-2009, 09:37 AM
JR1947

I wish I knew what I did to cause this then I could possibly fix it. It has to do with switch assignments every thing was going fine and it looked like the changes were working and then I turned off the radio and when I turned it back on I was locked out of the programing. It is going back and I hope they can figure it out I have tried all kinds of combinations a ways with no luck thoroughly flustered at this piont. JR
Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 AM
103/17

JR1947,

Locked out? You called Airtronics and they couldnt help? Thats bizzar..............I have set up quite a few models in my SD-10G and spent hours paging through the features and functions so I understand what the SD-10G is capable of. I have been in and assigned switch locations then reassigned them back to their original positions and never had an issue with mine. The folks at Airtronics couldnt help you through any diagnostics to assist you with this issue ? Everytime I have called or e-mailed even with the slightest question or concern I have been treated with the best customer service that I have experienced. The folks at Airtronics have always shown in my experience to "know their stuff" and are quick to reply. I guess never say never and anything can have a problem but my experience to this point has been golden.

When Hobby Dynamics was the support for JR back in the early 90's I got the same support from them on JR stuff. Horizon isnt bad but not as customer "savy" as the guys at Airtronics. As far as Hobby Services, who supports Tower stuff,...............forget it. I gave up on them after the Great Planes Reactor issues and their inabailty to repair or own up to all of the problems they had with gear and with covering that flew off.

I like honest and helpful people who try to get me an answer. I get that from Airtronics. Sorry for your problems and I hope you get it rectified.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Pippin

TMoreATX,
Thank you for the information.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:42 PM
TMooreATX

I wish I knew what I did to cause this then I could possibly fix it. It has to do with switch assignments every thing was going fine and it looked like the changes were working and then I turned off the radio and when I turned it back on I was locked out of the programing. It is going back and I hope they can figure it out I have tried all kinds of combinations a ways with no luck thoroughly flustered at this piont. JR
JR,

I've sent you a PM; please call me.

TM
Old 07-30-2009, 05:29 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am just about ready to order a SD-10G, just waiting to see if the manual comes out online. Like to get a little more familiar with it before I pull the trigger.
Did I read, or see somewhere, that with the 10 channel receiver, it has "model match" capability? Seems like it, but cannot remember.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
JR1947

Yes I did try to change to new model by using the three buttons that is sort cut to other models. And also tried using the display button while doing it all of that was just more of the same error message. And I did get a call from Airtronics and they said send it back and they will fix. They also said that when I get it back to please call and they would help me set it up so that this will not happen to me again. So off to the post tomorrow morning and as soon as I get it back will let you know how it comes out. Thanks to all of you out there for your moral support. JR
Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 PM
apriliamille
My Feedback: (1)

on the 10 c receiver i believe so
safety link
page 21 of the 112 manual that does come with the radio
Old 07-30-2009, 06:48 PM
TMooreATX

Most likely what happened is that the TX is in a flight mode other than the "Normal" mode. Changing to another model will routinely fix this. If you press the display button the radio will power up, if you hold one of the "direct Model Select" keys and then press the Display button one of three different model slots can be selected. Even if one model is corrupt the only way that this won't select another model slot and power up is if the model memory slot 1 was copied forward to model slots 2 & 3 during the switch programming session where the erroneous switch programming was completed. If a switch was programmed with an "AND" logical operator, two switches will be needed to be made in order to select and turn on the function in question.

TM
Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 PM
TMooreATX

Just to add to my earlier comment, the display will power up in any flight mode so it is easy to get yourself out of trouble should you mis assign a switch. Simply hold the display button for a few seconds and the display will power up and away you go.

TM
Old 07-31-2009, 02:41 PM
JR1947

Hi Thanks for your response but have tried all of those things and nothing happens so it now on its way back to Airtronics. As I had said I will let every one know how I come out on this I feel confident that they will take good care of me on this. JR
Old 07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
apriliamille

hey all i need some guidance
never had a tx of this caliber.
ive successfully bound my 3dhs with one of my 8ch rx
what im trying to do (which i have never done)
is set up throws in 2-3 flight modes
a take off landing, a sport and a 3d
anyone point me to the pages in the 113 that came so i can start in the right area of the manual?
in the past on my rds i just did dual rates on the switches and flipped them all as needed with a c mix for the rudder
thanks
mike

hey all. edit of post. figured it out. just had to not be scared of the electric box and just dig. got it set up now
this tx is a beast! i love it
Old 07-31-2009, 07:34 PM
apriliamille

oh
got the lipo soldered. thanks for the advice on what types to look at
here is a photo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63934.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1247430  
Old 07-31-2009, 10:00 PM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

ORIGINAL: apriliamille

oh
got the lipo soldered. thanks for the advice on what types to look at
here is a photo
That'll do, Donkey...That'll do.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:15 AM
jetpilotrich

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION.....

WHAT IS THE RESOLUTION OF THIS RADIO?

Has it been upgraded to 2048 resolution like the higher end FUTABA AND JR radios or is the the same old 1024?

I am real happy with my RDS8000 but would like to see a tighter resolution and better stick gimbals for finer control!

Rich
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 AM
TMooreATX

1024 is the resolution and the sticks have quad ball bearings. The system speed coupled with true 1024 resolutions is better than the best servos.

TM
Old 08-04-2009, 12:03 PM
edulago

Hi everybody,

any news about the online manuals?

Best Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.