Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FF9: Flaperon or Elevon for Canard aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Propellars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FF9: Flaperon or Elevon for Canard aircraft?

Hi there
I’m new to a FF9, and I’m going to programme it for a friend with a canard-type motor aircraft. 1 servo in each wing, and 1 servo for the canard. The elevator function is done by both canard and wingservoes, and the aileron is done by the wingservoes.

Should I use Flaperon for the wings, and using the “elevator-function” for the canard, or should I use Elevons for the wings, and making a separate mix for the canard, so it follows my elevator-stick?

I will be switching the elevator of during flight (when dual-rate is activated), and will also be making a mix of up-elevator on the canard, when the retracts are down. Does it conflict in any ways with the Flaperon or Elevon functions?
Old 12-07-2008, 11:37 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FF9: Flaperon or Elevon for Canard aircraft?

What exactly is an FF9?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Propellars

Sorry for the confusion , that might just be the danish name for the Futaba transmitter series: 9C (9CAP, 9CAF, 9CHP and 9CHF)
Old 12-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like either method would work; I would probably use the elevon function for your wing servos and run a mix to your canard servo. If you use the flaperon mix, you can run the elev-flap mix to make both work together.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:14 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the idea of using Elevons for the Wing Servos and then use a Programmable Mix for the Canards.

Usually, the default for Elevons is Right Elevon on Ch1 and Left Elevon on Ch2. Flaperons normally default to Right Aileron on Ch1 and Left Aileron on Ch6, so you could not use Flaperons for the Canards. You could use a Pmix with Ch2 and Ch8, for example, for the Canards

There are some canned programs, like Ailevator, Flaperons, and Elevons, that can't all be enabled at the same time, so a Pmix is necessary.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Propellars

Thanks for your support