Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Aileron servos stuttering with Spektrum DX6 and AR6000

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aileron servos stuttering with Spektrum DX6 and AR6000

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM
PfalzPflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron servos stuttering with Spektrum DX6 and AR6000

I've been using my Spektrum DX6 with AR6000 receivers for over 2 years now. So far, everything I've used it on has been 3-channel foamies for indoor flying, and I've experienced no problems to speak of.
Now I'm in the process of setting up my radio gear for a new Great Planes electric Sopwith Camel. It's a 4-channel job with ailerons, and I'm having trouble with the aileron servos wanting to "stutter" during movement. They are OK when the controls are centered, or a constant input is held. It's mainly during aileron movement that the control surfaces "stutter", almost like 72Mhz glitching.
I was wondering if anyone else has had similar trouble using more than 3 servos and the AR6000 Rx? Could it be because the servos are drawing too much juice? (They're Spektrum S75s, the stock ones that came with the DX6 Tx.)
Or could it be because they are on 12" servo lead extensions? (Too much resistance?)
Or perhaps the cheap BEC just can't maintain the needed voltage to the servos? I've seen that listed as a possible problem on some of the earlier threads that I searched. The rudder and elevator servos were not hooked up during the testing of the aileron servos, so I find it hard to believe that just two servos (even on 12" extensions) could cause sufficient voltage drop to cause problems. When I tried the elevator and rudder servos (Hitec HS55s which are not on extensions) without the ailerons hooked up, I had no problems.
So perhaps it's just the Spektrum S75 servos? Or they "Y" connector? Or...or...

Questions, questions... I'm scratching my head. I guess I was just wondering if anyone had experienced similar issues, and what was done to fix it.

Best regards,
Dean in Omaha
Old 12-16-2008, 06:30 AM
nobodytwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aileron servos stuttering with Spektrum DX6 and AR6000

Dean:

You didn't mention who made the ESC or BEC. The first thing you might consider is using a fully charged receiver battery in place of your BEC and check the aileron servo operation. If operation is OK, connect the other servos one at a time and check. Also consider doing a range check when you get all done. My guess is the ESC / BEC probably the source of your problems.

Happy Landings!