Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Throttle hold in Acro on 10c

Old 12-22-2008, 01:08 AM
bfreee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle hold in Acro on 10c

Hi everyone,
I've made a honest attempt to solve this on my own & cannot find the simple solution I'm looking for. I'm trying to lock my throttle like my eclipse radio did. I want to have a safety switch that will lock the throttle after I place the stick at dead idle. I believe the radio has throttle hold, but only in the heli mode. I acro I can only find throttle cut & idle up/down. Those haven't worked as you can still push the throttle far enough that it will overide the amount of drop commanded by the switch because it only goes to 50 or 40%. The only convoluted solution I can come up with is to mix to channel five & set the percentages to 0. Anyone?
Bruce.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:36 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Throttle hold in Acro on 10c

Do a pmix, throttle-throttle with -100% in both directions and set the offset for the stick at idle. That's what I did with my 9C on a large electric and it works perfectly. Nice to have a safety switch.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:41 AM
victorzamora

FlyFalcons...you beat me to the answer. But that's the best way to do it. You also beat me to the question. I was about to ask what this was for, I figured he wanted to set his throttle to idle and have the engine running at (for example) 57% power because he does his best rolling circles at that setting. I guess I need to start thinking about more than just ICE powered aircraft .

**Walks away while muttering "electric planes exist, electric planes exist" ....obviously quite upset**
Old 12-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should see the mixing I did with my 9C to put the swing wing on my foamy F-14 on the throttle channel, on a 3-position switch, to take advantage of the servo slowing function. Life with the 14MZ is a little easier now.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:05 AM
bfreee

Thanks you two, I didn't know you could mix throttle to throttle & you are right, big electrics can run away in a hurry when you lean over with your tx on your neck strap. [X(]

Thanks again, Bruce
Old 12-22-2008, 02:30 AM
victorzamora

One nice thing about electrics is that you know from the get go if your throttle is reversed. I mean, you're made aware of the problem. I was starting a profile plane one day that I assembled WAY too quickly. I had just rebuilt the motor so I was more worried about it than anything else. The throttle was reversed and it started going full-throttle at me. I literally dove out of the way, picked up my Tx and pulled to vertical on the plane's maiden flight with high rates on. Boy was that a fun experience [:@]. You can be sure I've triple checked every day since then.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 AM
bfreee

Hi Victor,
Thats funny. I know what you mean. The whole reason I'm paranoid about the switch stems from an incident where I had converted a H9 funtana 40 to electric. I don't remember the exact circumstance. like you though, I DO remember the attack. I was prepping to fly or had flown & the plane was on the ground facing down the asphalt runway at a local ball field. A lady was making a U-turn at the ball field when all the sudden my 40 was in a drag race with her Ford Explorer. The 40 won the drag race. Coming from behind, it passed her, narrowly missing her r/f fender. Running wide open it flew like it was on rails. It slammed into a 6in concrete pole actiing as a vehicle barrier to the town's big genset. The pole sheared one wing off. The fuse continued on into the chain link fence where it finally came to rest. The lady stopped & with a look like she had narrowly escaped death, rolled down her window & asked if the plane was alright! From that day on I knew I needed a switch. You never know when someone could accidently make your plane hot or more often I lean over with my controller around my neck to turn of the power switch & the throttle stick bumps my body & "away we go!" I guess we could use a kill switch like Gasser do, but thats added wieght & expense that the a throttle hold can take care of.

Thanks again guys.