Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New JR PCM 9X Radio ROCK at Tokyo Hobby Fair!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 11:13 PM
MyStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JR PCM 9X Radio ROCK at Tokyo Hobby Fair!!

Hi all,

This past weekend there was the annual hobby fair held in Tokyo, Japan where R/C manufacture's meet and show their new products for the upcoming year. JR has come out with an exciting new 9 channel radio to compete with the Futaba 9C! I would like to share what little I know at this point with you all about this new "PCM 9X" radio from JR.

Features and highlights:

* 9 channels; I don't know if the 9th channel is proportional or switched.

* Supports ALL 3 model types (Aero, Heli, and Glider)! Apparently, Horizon Hobby (exclusive US distributor for JR) and JR listened to modeler's wanting a radio that supports all 3 model types.

* A HUGE graphical LCD screen that's at least twice the size of the 9C radio!

* Four edit key buttons on the left-hand side and a rotory knob on the right-hand side of the LCD screen. Although, the rotory knob looks like it turns on a horizontal axis rather than a vertical axis, like the 9C does. Someone said on another forum the new PCM 9X featured a 'touch screen'; no, it doesn't. You program and navigate the 9X radio using the four edit keys and rotory knob.

* Aux. sliders on both sides like the 9C has with the exception the 9X sliders feature a round silver center on the sliders, which looks more attractive.

* Digital throttle trim. Finally, JR has seen the light.

* Digital VR trim buttons! Note: the 9C doesn't have digital VR trims; they're analog.

* A grill for the beeper so you can actually hear the beeper when flying. I really wish the 9C had a *grill* for the beeper! Myself (and others) can't hear the beeper sometimes while flying with the 9C radio.

* White tick marks for ALL four axis's on the gimbal sticks like the 8103 and 10X has. The 9C doesn't have white tick marks for rudder and aileron. This can be a usefull feature when setting up a model and I wish the 9C had this feature also.

Servo options for the PCM 9X offered in Japan:

Heli version:

ES539 x 4

DS811 x 4

DS8301 x 4

Airplane version:

ES539 x 3

DS811 x 3

DS8301 x 3

Please note, you might not be able to get the high-end 8301 digital servos with this radio in the US because Horizon can elect not to import them as an option with this new radio. Just like Great Planes elected not to import the high-end 9252 digital servos with the 9C radio. And so, if you want Horizon to offer the 8301 servos with the PCM 9X, NOW is the time to tell them.

Click on this link to view pictures of the PCM 9X airplane and heli version:

http://www.hobby-news.co.jp/hs2002autum/hs_jr.htm

You can also click on this link to view more new products from other R/C manufacture's shown at this past weekend's hobby fair in Tokyo:

http://www.hobby-news.co.jp/hs2002autum/hs.htm

If anyone finds out anymore info about features or has close-up pictures, especially screen shots for the new PCM 10X radio from JR, please share it with us, but PLEASE make sure your info is accurate! Also, would someone post the info I have provided to the newsgroups for me?

Don "The New Product Guru" :-)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JR-PCM9X-N9HSL-72.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	18  
Old 10-26-2002, 11:09 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Looks like a naked 10x
Old 11-01-2002, 12:30 AM
RooBoy

What do you mean by a grill for the beeper that you can't hear when flying?

Are you saying that the JR has a louder beeper than the 9C for the timer/digital trims, etc?

Old 11-01-2002, 10:34 AM
b1rd37

White tick marks? I fly an "old" Futaba 8UAPS and don't understand.
Sounds like a nice transmitter, thay just keep getting better. I rember when transmitter reversible sarvos was a big thing.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:46 AM
rchobby

Default I LIKE JRPROPO R/C SYSTEM!

Is the new JR 9X radio available for 72Mhz?
I like to know the difference between the JR 9X radio and Futaba 9CAH radio.
Text[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]