Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

It may be naive, but I still want to know....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:08 PM
kf6gub
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It may be naive, but I still want to know....

....which transmitters other than the Hitec Eclipse have "conditional" programming. It is programming that allows the pilot to program for special conditions or circumstances of flight. On the Eclipse, conditional programming allows the pilot to program "individual sets of trims, dual-rate settings, and exponential values". thx Jim
Old 12-31-2008, 07:04 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I may be naive, but I still want to know....

ORIGINAL: kf6gub ....which transmitters other than the Hitec Eclipse have "conditional" programming. It is programming that allows the pilot to program for special conditions or circumstances of flight. On the Eclipse conditional programming allows the pilot to program individual sets of trims, dual-rate settings, and exponential values. thx Jim
Majority of computerised transmitters, especially 6 channels or more.
Suggest download and check comparison charts or manuals of the brands you are interested in, for detailed information.
Email me via web page below for full comparison chart "Eclipse vs Optic 6, 6EXA, 7CAP, 9CAP, RD6000, JR652, JR3810 (8103)" to be extended shortly, as some 6 channel e.g. Futaba 6EXA are very limited compared to others.
refer sub sections:
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ"
"RC System Manufacturers"
"Manuals for RC Systems, ESC, Gyros, etc"
at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Regards
Alan T.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:07 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure what you mean, exactly. Most computer radios have Programming that let you Reverse servos, End Point Adjustment/Travel Adjustment, SubTrim, and Dual Rates/Exponential. There are also canned programs such as Flapperons, Elevons, Vtail mixing, Rudder/Aileron mixing, Elevator/Flap mixing, and one or more Programmable Mixers that let you mix a channel with another channel or a channel with the same channel, to allow you to do all kinds of special things. Some Programmable Mixers have Throttle Curve features that allow you to correct for the fact that many carburetors do not have Linear movement with the movement of the Throttle Stick. Throttle Cut is a feature that allows you to flip a switch which will immediately Close the Carb Barrel and Shut off the Engine. I can Taxi a Glow plane back from the runway and then Kill the engine without having to touch the Throttle Trim.

My Futaba 8AUPS and 9CAP had a program called Ailevator, that let me put a servo on each Elevator half and mix the halves not only with the Elevator channel, but with the Aileron channel, as well. Since most often, using Dual Elevators requires that one Elevator servo be Reversed, this program lets you do just that and Match each Elevator half so they move exactly the same. Each Elevator half can be set to move as Elevators and as Ailerons, at the same time.

My JR XP9303 has a feature called Flight Modes. Within each Model Memory, I can set up to 3 Modes or Conditions. Each Mode contains ALL the parameters stored in the Model Memory. I can have different parameters in each Mode and I can switch between any of the three Modes, in Flight. My JR XP8103 had a feature called Landing Mode which allowed you to set certain parameters that you only wanted to use upon Landing

JR has a feature called Flap System that put Flaps on a 3 positon Switch and had parameters for Elevator coupling to compensate for Pitch changes at each Flap position.

The more High End the radio, the more Programming features.

There are other Mfg's Tx's that have some or all of these features
Old 12-31-2008, 07:09 PM
RogerParrett

Futaba 12FG, 12Z, and 14mz systems support eight unique conditions. Each condition allows a nearly full set of parameters to be changed such as trims, travel, rates, expo, mixes, etc. Additionally, the conditions can be invoked either by manually flipping a switch, a position of a stick, or a combination of the two.

For those not familar with Conditions, think of it as a quick way to switch from one model to another, in-flight. Conditions might come in handy if you had a couple of mixes optimized for a particular manuver, and needed a different set of mixes for another. Conditions would allow you to "re-wire" your system for specific circumstances.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the answer to your question has two parts because you used the word "conditional programming". First many radios use 'flight modes/conditions' as a way of quickly changing into mulitiple flight control surface movement changes and trim changes. By way of example 'takeoff, cruise and landing' might be three different 'flight modes/conditions' that would be user selectable from the TX while the aircraft is operating. Additionally, "conditional programming" might be referring to boolean logic (and/or/nor etc) and many of the higher end radios also have this feature which might be used, for example, to require that throttle to be at half and the landing gear lowered before the flaps would begin traveling downward. There are probably as many uses as there are different styles and personalities of the folks at the controls. Good question.

Howard
Old 01-01-2009, 09:16 AM
kf6gub
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Howard

I believe the answer to your question has two parts because you used the word "conditional programming". First many radios use 'flight modes/conditions' as a way of quickly changing into mulitiple flight control surface movement changes and trim changes. By way of example 'takeoff, cruise and landing' might be three different 'flight modes/conditions' that would be user selectable from the TX while the aircraft is operating. Additionally, "conditional programming" might be referring to boolean logic (and/or/nor etc) and many of the higher end radios also have this feature which might be used, for example, to require that throttle to be at half and the landing gear lowered before the flaps would begin traveling downward. There are probably as many uses as there are different styles and personalities of the folks at the controls. Good question.

Howard

Thanks, Howard. Jim (kf6gub)