Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6EX Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Kidgonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EX Problems

What the heck happened!!!!

I turned on my radio this morning to check control settings prior to flying and everything is BASSAKWARD! The control functions are either on the wrong stick or reversed. I spent several hours tweaking the control throws on two aircraft (4-Star 40 & GP GeeBee) now on flying day everything is wrong. I checked to be sure TX is in ACRO mode and it is. Does anyone know what might of happened?

Daryll
Old 01-03-2009, 08:02 AM
louisben36

Default RE: Futaba 6EX Problems

I have a 6EX.....if that happened to mine, or any transmitter for that matter i would send it in to Futaba to be checked. You never know, it could happen in flight.

LB
Old 01-03-2009, 10:23 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure if the Model Memories, in the 6EX, are stored on a Programmable Chip or in RAM, backed up by a battery (not the battery that powers the Tx). Either way, you should call Hobby Services and see if they have any info on that kind of problem.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your manual for "Mode" settings, you may have inadvertently programmed Mode1 into it instead of Mode2.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:46 PM
pilotpete2

We have a bunch of these transmitters at our field, happens all the time
Too easy to get into the wrong menu and think you're selecting model 1, but you get mode 1[:-]
Pete
Old 01-03-2009, 12:57 PM
jet60

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

We have a bunch of these transmitters at our field, happens all the time
Too easy to get into the wrong menu and think you're selecting model 1, but you get mode 1[:-]
Pete
what a crock!
selecting which model is done after the Tx is already on, and there is no way to accidently select a "Mode" change.
selecting a different "Mode" is done when turning the Tx on, and you also have to hold down Mode and Select keys at the same time while switching the Tx on.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM
pilotpete2

Hey, what can I say, it's usually one of the New Hampshire guys that I have to straighten out
You're right about the sequence being different, but for some reason the students seem to get into mode selection without even half tryin, once there, the screen does not show the information that the 7C or higher transmitters show.
Crock? I bet Rodney called it right
Pete
Old 01-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Kidgonzo

Thanks so much for all the response to my question,

Looks like Rodney is correct, I switched the TX to mode 1 while trying to power down for a range check. I held down both mode and select keys and turned on the power, I should of just held down the mode key. Live and learn. Again thank you all.

Daryll