Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Changing receiver will change my servos neutral?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
dany_maia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing receiver will change my servos neutral?

Hello all.
I am flying an helicopter with a futaba fm receiver but I would like to upgrade to a futaba pcm receiver. Will I have to readjust and program the transmitter again to obtain the same servo settings or will these maintain as with the older rx?

Thanks in advace. Best regars.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Changing receiver will change my servos neutral?

There may be some minor differences but no you shouldn't have to make any drastic changes.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:02 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be more helpful if you specified the model# of youi current Tx and Rx.

We can only assume that you have a PCM/PPM Tx, you were running in PPM mode with you current Rx, and you plan to switch to a PCM RX using the same TX.

If you are switching to a different Tx/RX combination, there might be more of a difference.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:22 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

modern stuff -will show no differences in rx used -with a given tx.
Old crap -all bets are off.
Essentially the rx just listens -the tX decides what is said .
add in reversing Ys or magic boxes to rx and things also change.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 PM
dany_maia

Hello all.
Thank you for your help.
I am using a Futaba 8 non super TX which is PCM capable, so I will only change the RX to a futaba R168DP. So I can expect the heli to continue trimmed and ready to fly

Best regards to all.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:55 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember - When you go to PCM, you now have use of Failsafe. With Failsafe, when the Rx looses the signal from the Tx, all the servos move to their Failsafe positions. By default, this is Throttle to Idle and all other channels Hold the position they were in when the Failsafe Event happened. Make sure you set your Failsafe conditions appropriately for your Heli.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:38 AM
bfreee

Hi,

Everyone has given you good advice, I'd only add one thing. He seems to be asking if he can simply swap that new reciever in, channel, for channel & have all his neutral points stay the same and just expect to be able to take off. For what its worth, I seem to remember taking out a modern, name brand reciever out of a plane and installing it in another for an emergency; when I finally got another (same make & model) reciever my nuetrals or trims were off slightly. Why I remember it is because I never changed anything on it including the trim settings, yet they were slightly off. I thought it was odd & I agree with Dick; this shouldn't be. The main thing is, this is easy to fix. If you need help adjusting it, any of us would be glad to help. As you probably know, always check these settings everytime you prepare to take off, new equipment or not. Hope we've helped.

Bruce.