Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

freq. change

Old 10-29-2002, 05:19 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default freq. change

Hi all, While at a fun fly this saturday. I heard someone talking about a Airtronics radio. He said
the freq could be changed on the face of the radio without changing crystals. Is there such
a beast? And what do they cost? I've been thinking about the 9 channel Futaba the're offering the free
memory upgrade on. This might be another alternative
later daveo
Old 10-29-2002, 10:27 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freq. change

There have been several radio systems with "Synthesized" frequency modules, which are able to be tuned to any of several frequencies (sometimes all R/C frequencies on 72 mhz band...). I don't remember the name of Futaba's module with that ability. HiTech's Spectra module systems have the ability to change frequencies without changing modules or crystals. There's also a system with a RX that "actively seeks" the TX frequency, and there's a TX supposed to be hitting the market with a built-in frequency scanner, to help you choose an unused frequency with it's synthisizer. (there's a flaw in there... doesn't prevent someone from turning on another TX...AFTER you chose that frquency.)