Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

URGENT: JR Century VII manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 05:12 PM
fabmaster911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT: JR Century VII manual

I have a bet going that I can find a manual for a JR Century VII radio. I know the radio is totally obsolete but a buddy of mine told me if I can find a manual he'll give me his 101" AT-6 Texan. Please help me.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:26 PM
slarty

Default RE: URGENT: JR Century VII manual

Which NET code is it ?
Old 01-27-2009, 06:31 PM
fabmaster911

It is NET-J72P. I'm hoping for a download somewhere.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:40 PM
slarty

The J72P refers to the RF Module. Look on the front panel either upper left or upper right.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 PM
slarty

Just checked my manual.... am looking at the front panel right hand side in between AIL D/R switch and Low Rate/Exponential trimmer... NET127M or NET127H (or possibly AH).

Is that the one ?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:04 PM
fabmaster911

I do believe that is the one. I don't have the radio here as it belongs to a friend of mine. I looked at it today though.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:14 PM
MaineBear

Yeah, it's NET-N127M
Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 PM
slarty

PM me with your email and I will email the pdf.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 PM
slarty

email on its way noq.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:53 PM
slarty

Sorry about that, the filesize was too large for your mailbox so it was bounced back. Have run it through a pdf converter and has now been sent as a much smaller file.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:28 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fabmaster911 I have a bet going that I can find a manual for a JR Century VII radio. I know the radio is totally obsolete but a buddy of mine told me if I can find a manual he'll give me his 101" AT-6 Texan. Please help me.
Will a photocopy suffice? or download
W-127FZ/HZ - JR Max Apex 7 Note there were two manuals one for the PPM only and another for the PCM only versions.

The most common question is answered as follows:

JR APEX 7 PCM
JR CENTURY 7 PCM (Same as Apex 7 but with several features disabled for USA market)

FAILSAFE OPERATION

Transmitter is known in USA as Century 7 and elsewhere as the Apex 7.
Dual failsafe facility
1. If control is lost for more than 1 second, all servos go to a preset position.
2. This also occurs if the receiver battery falls below a preset voltage.
For the correct operation of the failsafe, it is essential that the failsafe information is sent to the receiver memory before flight. If the fail-safe monitor lamp is flashing, it indicates that this has not been done and you must press the SET/TEST button on the transmitter.
REMEMBER – A FLASHING MONITOR LAMP MEANS PRESS THE TEST/RESET BUTTON ON THE TOP REAR OF TX. If you do not want to use the fail-safe feature, slide the fail-safe battery switch to the “OFF” position and slide the “fail-safe mode switch to the “Hold” position. In this case the monitor lamp will not be turned on and in the event of interference; all servos will hold their last position until the interference has cleared. (or model crashed).
PROGRAMMING FAIL-SAFE
If it is required that all servos go to pre-set positions when the fail-safe is activated, proceed as follows: -
1) Turn the fail-safe mode switch to the “ACT” position (The monitor lamp should start flashing)
2) Decide the position each servo is to assume and set the sticks and auxiliary controls to those positions.
3) Push the “Memory” button. The transmitter is now programmed to those positions and will retain them in its memory until they are changed or the TX battery is completely flat or removed.
4) To prevent the above settings from being changed accidentally, slide the fail-safe “mode switch” to the “lock” position.
5) When the RX is turned on, press the “SET/TEST” button. The monitor lamp should stop flashing. [controls will also move to the preset positions allowing visual indication that positions to be held are still as desired]
BATTERY FAIL-SAFE OPERATION
1) Slide the battery fail-safe switch to the “on” position.
2) When the receiver is turned on, press the “SET/TEST” button. The monitor lamp should stop flashing.
When the battery fail-safe operates, the throttle servo will move to ½ throttle or below. All other servos will function normally. You will not be able to operate the throttle above ½ throttle but below ½ throttle will operate normally. This should be enough to allow you to land safely. When this condition happens, it indicates that your receiver battery is critically low on voltage, and loss of control will occur if you do not land within 30 seconds. This fail-safe condition can only be checked with a low battery.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 01-28-2009, 07:26 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: slarty

Sorry about that, the filesize was too large for your mailbox so it was bounced back. Have run it through a pdf converter and has now been sent as a much smaller file.
For big files try HJ-Split free at www.freebyte.com
We use it here at work to break up huge files to send via emails. You can choose parcel sizes. Includes re-assemby software and works great.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:06 PM
slarty

Thanks bruce,

A useful tool to have !