Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Exceed-RC transmitter battery pack?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
jackhy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed-RC transmitter battery pack?

My new Exceed-RC transmitter uses 8 AA batteries and I would like to know if there is any way to convert it to use a regular 8 cell NiMh or NiCad rechargeable pack with a futaba type male plug as in any Futaba radio.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:50 PM
crossman

Default RE: Exceed-RC transmitter battery pack?

First you need to comfirm that the transmitter will function properly at the lower voltage of rechargables. 8 AA alkalines will total 12volts, while 8 Nicad or Nimh batteries will be 9.6 volts. If that isn't a problem, you could possibly solder a connection into the transmitter. However, the battery compartment may not be large enough for the battery pack and the radio may not have a charge jack on the case.

Something like this may be an easier option:

Charger w/4 batteries http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2361889
4 more batteries http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062146

These are just an example, there may be less expensive versions around as well.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I have an Exceed RC transmitter that came with my Falcon 40 RTF fixed pitch helicopter. Like jackhy's transmitter, mine came with a plastic battery box designed to hold 8 AA alkaline batteries.

It has a charge jack on the side of the transmitter, however, and the polarity of the charging jack appears compatible with Futaba, Hitec, or Airtronics transmitters. I believe that outfitting the transmitter with a 9.6V NiCd TX battery would be a simple matter, and it should be easily converted.

The only two requirements that will need to be met will be:

A) locating a wall wart charger with a connector matching the transmitter's built-in connector

B) aquiring an appropriate "stick type" transmitter pack and fitting it with the same kind of JST connecter found on the battery box that came with the radio

I planned on doing this very thing with my Exceed RC transmitter, but the life span of my original 8 AA batteries has been surprisingly long. I may continue flying it with standard alkalines for a while.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:22 PM
TEBerg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had very good results using batteries like Crossman mentioned..

For a couple of my RC car/boat transmitters I bought 8 rechargable batteries from wallyworld... Put them in the TX and use a compatible plug to charge them all at once.. I use my digital peak charger that does NiMH batteries - works great...

In my Stryker, I still just use regular AA batteries because they do last a long time and seem to store better than NiCd batts..
Old 02-11-2009, 08:20 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have two E-sky transmitters, both designed for alkalines. I switched over to 2450 mAh NiMH Energizer AA batteries. On the three-year old transmitter the first couple of LED's extinquish fairly quickly but I still get over an hour of use before getting into the red. The latest transmitter purchased last fall, all the LED's stay on quite long. The E-sky battery connector is wired the same as the JR. I've been using my X9303 wall charger to charge the NiMH.

Allan
Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM
daveligity

i just bought a exceed rc 6ch transmitter off ebay i figured it would jus be a basic radio im a complete noobe to rc ive started from scratch built my own foam flyer a p-51 now im all set to start putting in my recevier and esc . so i opened up my trusty search Google search bar and can't find damn thing about this radio even the compay has no clue does any one know how to use the 10 dip switch settings a manual anything im completely stuck. my locale hobby shop guys are all bone heads that dont have a clue or just jerks. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M LOOSING MY MIND AND I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY TOY

Thanks
Dave
Old 03-24-2009, 01:48 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Googled exceed rc transmitter and got these three hits and more

http://www.xheli.com/rag2sesed6ra.html

http://www.exceedrc.com/50h08-43.html

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8412350/tm.htm
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
RCguru09
Banned

The cost compared to using NIMH battersis will save you money in the long run + your going green by not throwing the dead batteries away. It will cost more to start but you will be happier saving the money later. If your hand with soldering you can make your own pack cheap.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM
daveligity

thanks guys this might be the product id i couldnt find still haveing problems gettting a manual sio if any one comes across one post a link or something i'd realy be greatfull the funniest thing about this is how cluless the company is im sure if anyone had to deal with them on this level would agree... does anyone know who is the true manufacturer of exceed rc
Old 09-13-2009, 01:51 AM
Cloudsoarer

It's likely that Exceed is a repackaged FlySky. Also known as HobbyKing, Turborix, Xheli...
http://www.flysky-cn.com/english/
If it is a 2.4GHz system, it runs on 5volts. See following for conversion tips to LiPo:
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/tendollarbattery.shtml