Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

radio help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:29 PM
sickcivic95
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio help please

I am looking for a radio to operate my new tamiya high lift. I want a 4 channel or better possibly 6 channel any help would be appreciated. Also new to the stick type and so on whats the difference between air and surface radios. I was looking into airtronics vg6000 but it says its fir air not ground use can this be modded to work or is it a fcc thing??

thanks for the help
Old 01-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: radio help please

Air radios are on 72mHz, surface radios are on 75mHz, It is an FCC thing.

If you want, you can call your favorite radio manufacturer / distributor and ask them to sell you a 75mHz 6 channel radio, it should be as easy as changing a module or pc card in the back of the radio.

Otherwise, you can purchase a 2.4 radio and use it for surface, as they do not interfere with each other.

Rafael
Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 PM
sickcivic95
My Feedback: (1)

thank you for the help. Is there any recomendations for a good manufacturer 6 channel futaba hi tec jr etc???
Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 AM
freeair

any of the good names in radio will suit your needs, JR / FUTABA / HITEC. check out supplies of these radios for prices.