Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR X9303 Flite Modes and Flaps

Old 01-31-2009, 05:42 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR X9303 Flite Modes and Flaps

Ok, new 9303 owner here and I am having trouble getting my head wrapped around the programming. What I want to accomplish is using all 3 flight modes on the Flap 3 position switch (top left of TX) and the flaps on the Aux2 3 position switch .(Upper right on face of TX)
This is installed in a TF F4U GE .60 warbird with functioning flaps. The problem I have is seperating the flaps from the Flight Modes. What I want to get away from is having to use the 3 two position switches (AIL, ELE and RUD). In the device select I have Flight Mode enabled using the flap switch and the flaps are controlled by the Aux 2 switch. When I power up, the flaps are controlled by the Flight Mode switch and the Aux 2 switch does nothing. Am I missing a step here? I tried to reverse the switches (Flap Sw for flaps, Aux 2 for Flight Modes) but to no avail. I also enabled the SYS function under the flaps channel. Anyone care to walk me thru a procedure to get this up and running?

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:49 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR X9303 Flite Modes and Flaps

I think you need to disable the Flap Sys
Old 01-31-2009, 05:50 PM
ArrowNaughtic

thanks busch.......I will try that and report back!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:29 PM
ArrowNaughtic

What I had to do was activate the aux 2 function in device select. However now I don't have the delay function that I was hoping for with the Flaps and ELE. I will try reassigning the switches as in the manual (Aux 2 for flight mode and Flap sw for flaps) Looks like the flight mode switch will have to be at the upper right face of the TX and flaps at top left of TX. At least I am making progress and now have the flaps functioning! Thanks again busch.....you got my head pointed in the proper direction.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:40 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my H9 P47-150 set up for a Delay in the Flaps as well as a delay in one Retract main so it goes up before the other. I am not using Flight Modes on that plane, as yet.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 PM
ArrowNaughtic

I want every advantage with this corsair I can get, hence the delay in the flaps. I didn't want to have them shoot into half down and full down without some sort of delay so I can handle the plane as its lift is being altered. Being a fairly new pilot with planks has humbled me quite a few times over the past months and I am definately looking for any advantage I can get. Seems my flap servos are traveling full arc and not at the 10% for mid position and 50% for full down. Hopefully changing the switch assignments will correct this issue. Or maybe I don't fully understand the programming instructions. Either way, I am moving forward and will adjust my brain as needed...................

Old 01-31-2009, 10:57 PM
DwightMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure of your exact plan, but the switches can be set to have a heierarhy.
I.E. switch a can control flaps only if switch switch b is in a certain position, while switch c can always control the flaps.
Servo speed can also be controlled in the same way