Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 12x and sailplane program

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
HLANG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 12x and sailplane program

Hi Guys.
I need some help again.
I am trying to setup a Multiplex CULARIS sailplane using my 12X JR.
I am trying to use the same setup that comes with 12X guide.
dual flaps, dual aileron, one elevator and rudder plus ESC/Brusless motor.
Spektrum 7ch DSM receiver.
ESC/Brushless motor will be pluged in ch7
My question is:
How to program the spoiler stick (left stick) to control both ESC/Trottle and spoiler function.
I know JR 12X can do this.
I must use a mix to turn on/off this function (Maybe motor hold in 12X function list)
But this option is ONLY available if ch1 (trottle) is ACTIVE.
If I use the setup in the 12X guide, ch1 is turned off and aileron is pluged in ch1.
So motor hold function is anymore available and I can´t figure out how to program left stick to control spoiler and ESC.
I am knew in saiplane program.
12X capabilities is fantastic, but a little difficult to understand.
So I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Henrique
Old 03-25-2009, 05:29 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JR 12x and sailplane program

Henrique,

If you don't insist that the motor be on channel 7, try this. In the DeviceSEL menu in theSystem menu list set all the channels to INH except MOTO and FLAP. Set the MOTO to ACT and controlled by the SPOI ST. Set FLAP to ACT controlled by the FLAP LV.

In the Wing Type menu set the FLAP in the DUAL MATE to AUX2

In the Function menu list, in menu 16 (MOTO. Hold) leave the HOLD Pos at 0%. I used the MOTO (gear switch) to turn the hold on; so, highlight the MOTO button. You can use another but remember it as you will use it in the next menu.

In menu 71, Brake SYS, under SW SEL, set the MOTO button to on. You can ignore the SPOI setting as you don't have any actual spoilers. Leave the FPRN 0, and FLAP 0 values at 0%. Set FPRN 1, and FLAP 1 values to your liking.

I initiated this programming with the GLID configuration in its default settings. You will have to modify the other menus. When the MOTO/Gear switch is pulled toward you, the spoiler stick controls the butterfly and the motor is on hold. When the switch is away, the spoiler stick controls the motor. The spoilerons and Flaps are at their neutral settings. There is a way to do all this without using the MOTO/Gear switch. It involve setting up a switch position on the Spoiler stick. That way when the stick is at the neutral or greater position, it controls the motor. When it is less, it controls the flaps and flaperons (or spoilerons). I've done this on the 9303 but not the 12X yet.

Allan
Old 03-25-2009, 07:02 PM
HLANG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allan
Thanks very much your comments about programming my saiplane.
I am afraid that using your setup I will loose some pre programmed mixers for crow and butterfly
that were already configured for the example that comes with 12x manual guide.
The example is not intended for an electric sailplane. It uses a 6ch receiver.
When we use an electric motor, in a 7ch receiver, but trying to respect the same setup in the 12X
motor control by spoiler stick will not function.
I would like to see more examples for programming sailplanes and helis from Horizon Hobby showing the hole capabilities of this radio.
Also, is it possible to share a sailplane setup file from 12X to another 12X, put it in Internet and install it in my radio? Like Futaba and Multiplex radios?
Anyway I appreciate very much your help.
I will do exactly what you suggested.
Thanks again
Henrique
Old 03-26-2009, 02:27 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Henrique,

Sent you a PM. If you got the 12X PCDATA Transfer program with your radio, it should be possible unless there are differences between the Brazilian and US transmitters.

Allan