Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12X MV 2.4GHz DSM2 Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:55 AM
ntka_1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12X MV 2.4GHz DSM2 Module

Hi guys,
i have a JR PCM 10X 35Mhz module and i want to convert it to 2.4Ghz.Did anyone knows if the 12X MV 2.4GHz DSM2 Module will fit in my 10X?
And one more thing,i saw in Horizon,the Spectrum module has the antenna seperated from the module.Why is that?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:39 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 12X MV 2.4GHz DSM2 Module

The 12X MV module has different number of connectors and number of pins than the modules that are made for other JR transmitters. If my memory is correct, other modules have one connector with 4 pins while the MV module has 2 connectors with 7 pins each. And the connectors location are different.

I don't have a good answer why Spektrum didn't integrate the antenna with their module. I have to say that the MV antenna location makes grabbing the transmitter handle awkward.

Allan
Old 03-30-2009, 02:01 PM
ntka_1974

Do you think that is worthing to buy the Spectrum module for my JR?
Old 03-30-2009, 03:07 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

It is certainly the easiest way to go if you want to keep your 10X. Personally I use an antenna directly screwed to the back of module rather than using the antenna wire combo that Spektrum supplies. I've asked if they will update their module to look something like the module used in the MV (I have no problems grabbing the handle with it in place) but they have said NO. They are more interested in pushing people to Native 2.4 systems rather than supporting the equipment that is already out there.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:22 PM
ntka_1974

Ok,thank you guys,i'll see what to do,but i think i'll probably buy the 12X in the future.
there is nothing we can do.It's exactly what you said GBR2,they are more interested in pushing people to Native 2.4 systems rather than supporting the equipment that is already out there.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:24 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When the 2.4GHz module is in place, I have to spread my figures apart in the Star Trek Vulcan greeting fashion to grasp the 12X MV handle. Perhaps a person with thin fingers wouldn't have this problem.

There are several functions that the integrated 2.4 GHz transmitter have that are lacking in the modular units. With the modular units you will not have either model match or servo sync. On reason for the extra contacts on the 12X module is that it allows this transmitter to have these features. I'm not certain but I don't think the modular system will support more than 9 channels nor 2048 resolution.

Allan