Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Fasst system question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:26 PM
bgfireman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fasst system question

I am thinking of going 2.4 with the Futaba FASST system. I just read several pages of the post that shows a problem with some receivers responding to multiple transmitters. I do not have the time to read 49 pages of post! So I am asking if the problem has been corrected? I would not want to have any kind of problems with a new system. Any pertinent answere or examples would be greatly appreciated. I have always enjoyed my JR equipment, but am thinking of a change.
Thanks Alan
Old 03-30-2009, 07:37 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts
Default RE: Fasst system question

yes it has been corrected.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:53 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also they have a heat issue with their 2.4 receivers if they get hot like they might on a hot
day they can shut down. back in Sept 08 they started to ship receivers with gold or white
dots on them that seem to work a lot better in a high heat enviroment but as recent as
this month people have reported ordering new receivers and getting the old non dotted
receivers.

You can call or email Futaba USA if you like but so far they claim to know nothing about
the heat or the dots.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 AM
crossman

The problem that you are asking about is explained in the thread stickied at the top of this forum. It applied only to 6EX and 7C transmitters and TM-7 modules

Here is the thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6921375/tm.htm
Old 03-31-2009, 09:28 AM
pilotpete2

There should be no concern with the ZGUID problem that Futaba had early on. All current FASST receivers going back to roughly the middle of last year will not link to a transmitter with a zero GUID, so no potential for problems if you're buying a new FASST system.
Pete
Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 AM
victorzamora

Talking about the heat issues, the new FASST systems are nearly heat-proof. Both of the big issues against Futaba's FASST system have really been solved quite well....even if Futaba doesn't admit that the dotted receivers are the revised versions .