Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Hi / Lo band Rx

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 11:49 AM
440GTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Hi / Lo band Rx

A friend of mine gave me his R127DF Rx .
He did not know if it was a Hi or Lo band Rx.
There was no crystal in it or no CH sticker on it.
So far I plugged in my CH 21 crystal and it works with the same range as my other R127DF Rx.
No servo noise or No glitches on the ground.
If it matters the Tx is a Hitec Eclipse
Is it safe to fly ?
Thanks of any input

Fred..
Old 06-15-2003, 01:33 PM
jdwiflyrc
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-LO Range

Hello Fred,

When you are referring to range is it the 30 yrd. antenna collapsed ck. you are talking about or is it a walk away until it no longer receives a signal?

Someone will have another opinion, but a known rx to ck against as you have done is probably the best ck.

I test all my new or used rx's by a walk away till it stops receiving both without and with the engine running for range with the antenna down and with one section extended at a given location so the comparison is common to each rx at the same location.

I also have two tx's one low and one high that I use to determine if a particular rx is low or high band sometimes there is quite a difference in range between the two. I then label it either low or high for future use.

Hope this helps, John