Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX6I Reciever??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 PM
SteveR3750
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6I Reciever??

Im really confused. I notice that the TX can charged with the wall charger that is included with the TX, but what about the RX?

I also do not see anything for the RX ON-OFF switch/charging jack.

Do I just purchase a standard ON-OFF switch and RX Battery pack to use if I purchase this radio?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
DSTIEBS

Default RE: Spektrum DX6I Reciever??

My DX7 has 2 wires coming from the charger. One plugs into the TX and the other plug is for the Battery or you can put a charge switch you buy into the plane or what ever and plug the battery to the charge side of the switch and the other wire from the switch plugs into the RX.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
DSTIEBS

I was wrong about buying a switch. The Switch and Battery came with the Radio, at least mine did and with servos too but that was a DX7. Sorry for any confusion. http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM6620
Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: SteveR3750

Im really confused. I notice that the TX can charged with the wall charger that is included with the TX, but what about the RX?

I also do not see anything for the RX ON-OFF switch/charging jack.

Do I just purchase a standard ON-OFF switch and RX Battery pack to use if I purchase this radio?
Just a couple of thoughts here;

My DX6i came with a Blade 400 so I don't know what comes with the retail package but typically Spektrum/JR include a switch and an rx battery. Now personally I kind of have a problem with them including a 4.8 volt rx battery as the systems are voltage sensitive and 4.8 volt (4 cell) batteries don't give you much room for messing up on the electical load. Since they send 4.8 volt rx battey packs, the included charger is for the tx and a 4.8 volt rx pack, it won't do a 6.0 volt rx pack which I strongly suggest you consider using unless you do your homework on batteries and find out what is really needed to keep these systems happy. Also, if you want to have access to the Batt/Bind port through the switch, you'll need a 3 wire switch and the only light duty 3 wire switch I was able to find for my smaller models comes from Spektrum. I don't recall ever seeing an HD switch which was not 3 wire, so pay attention to that if you have to buy a switch. There have been many, many, posts here about folks who can't bind an rx and it turns out they were using 2 wire switches. It's not necessary to have that 3 wire switch, but the binding process is different if that's what you use and cannot be done through the switch/battery/charge harness.

Walwart chargers don't have on/off switches. I suggest you either do as I have and put 'em in a power strip which you can turn on/off, or make a practice of plugging the charge lead into the tx and then the walwart into the power as this will cut down on any possible arcing and problems with the fuse in the tx charge circuit.

I don't mean to be rude here, but PLEASE read the manual and use the search engine here to look for answers to questions as probably any difficulty you might have can be answered that way and you will have more questions. If you can't figure something out, the please come ask and the members will be more than happy to help. It's a great little radio but it's not your Grand Dad's or even your Father's radio and you have to play by it's rules or it will bite you.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:05 PM
DSTIEBS

I use the 4.8v batt that came with my DX7 for my JR servo matchbox. I bought 2 JR 6.v 1400 nicad and a Novak charger for them and my TX battery. It has the cycler in it and I don't have to wait all day to charge up my batterys. I know a trickel is better for the battery life But they can be replaced.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:42 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you seen this?

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09179.html