Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

I'm disappointed with the new Airtronics repair service.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I'm disappointed with the new Airtronics repair service.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default I'm disappointed with the new Airtronics repair service.

I was given an older 6-channel Infinity Tx and I sent it into Hobby People for inspection, freq. change and new nicads. The radio was returned to me a few weeks later, and the note told me that the radio was good, but needed new nicads. I guess Hobby People no longer supplied nicads for this radio...but they did sell me a new freq. module (ch. 38). So I sent in Tx to SR Batteries and they installed a new set of nicads for me. I charged up the Tx nicads...and the radio didn't work. So I sent it back to Hobby People for an inspection and they changed out one switch, stating it was good. Well guess what...the rudder function would not work so I sent it back to Hobby People and told them of my problem...and they sent it back to me and stated they no longer will fix Infinity radios.

Now if I knew the radio was not fixable I wouldn't have bought the tx module, or have SR install new nicads. Now I'm stuck with over $100.00 bucks in a radio tx...that is just a paper weight.

I have been with Airtronics since the mid 80's and started out with the Module 7. A good radio, and it still works great. I have two Stylus and a new RDS8000.

I stayed with Airtronics because of the great customer service and inexpensive repairs I received from them. But ever since Hobby People took over, their prices for repairs have gone up, and their service was less then expected.

It was great to be able to call Airtonics on the phone...talk to Bob or one of the other techs with my problem and have it quickly solved. Maybe this is just a glitch in their service, but I'm not a happy camper with the current actions with my Infinity Tx.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 04-12-2009, 07:27 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I'm disappointed with the new Airtronics repair service.

Repairing older radios-Never have done it, I can understand as technology changes and individual parts are not available the risk involved in trying to repair versus replace-
Old 04-12-2009, 08:17 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Under the circumstances they should take back the module and refund your money they should have told you up front they no longer service the radio.
But from your post you said you talked to them and the problem was solved what was the outcome?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the Infinity radio has been out of production for well over 10 years ...
Old 04-13-2009, 06:41 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might try Radio South. They maintain my 33 year old Kraft system.

Bruce
Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: fiery

the Infinity radio has been out of production for well over 10 years ...
I can believe that but I dont see your point.