Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New JR X9303 ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 08:26 PM
looppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JR X9303 ???

Hi guys,
I’m trying to catch up with the new world. I’ve been living in 50 years of ol skool R/C flying
I just bought a new in the box JR X 9303 9chn. Spectrum 2.4g DSM .All I got in the box was the RX /TX and charger.
I have a bunch of Futaba stuff mostly.
Nothing seems to fit the JR RX. Servos, flight batteries, switch harness, even Hitec servos.
I’m now under the impression that I have to buy only JR products to get a complete flight pack? Or is there another way?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:51 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New JR X9303 ???

ORIGINAL: looppy

Hi guys,
I have a bunch of Futaba stuff mostly.
Nothing seems to fit the JR RX. Servos, flight batteries, switch harness, even Hitec servos.

Your Hitec servos should work just fine, I use them all the time youur batteries and switch harness as well.
batteries are not brand specific, I don't know why you are having a problem ??????
Old 04-25-2009, 09:26 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

The Futaba servos will work with JR with a few mod's....Cutoff the guide pin on the servo leads...look carefully at a JR servo lead...take an Excto knife or a sanding block and round off the plugs...sand the plug a little..make it a little thin. Outside of that it should work fine...you will love the 9303..Be careful when using Expo..JR uses the positive numbers, Futaba uses neg numbers (-20% vs +20 JR)..

Codimasta
AMA 11269[8D]
Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Ken6PPC

Futaba connectors have a tab on the edge that "keys" the connector, so it can't be plugged in incorectly in Futaba Rx's. That tab can be carefully trimeed away, and will then work in your JR Rx. I have done that to many of my Futaba servos.

Your Hitec connectors fit VERY tight in the JR 921 Rx, and it probably feels like they won't go in at all. However, they will. They are just VERY tight! Make sure you have the orientation correct, and work with it a little. They WILL go in...

Here are pictures of Futaba and JR/Hitec connectors. They are very similar, except for that "key" tab on the Futaba. (The one on the left is the JR/Hitec, and the one one the right is the Futaba.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39154.gif
Views:	11
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	1187153   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55927.gif
Views:	12
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1187154  
Old 04-25-2009, 11:26 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy the X9303 with the 9ch Rx, Batteries, Charger, Switch Harness, and 4 digital servos. You can save money by just buying the Tx and the 7ch Rx, as I did. Later, I exchanged the 7ch Rx, at my LHS, for the 9ch Rx.

Older Hitec servos could be ordered with either Futaba, Airtronics, or JR connectors. Now, they sell them with JR connectors. JR connectors will fit in a Futaba Rx and in Futaba Female connectors and Futaba Switch Harness. Futaba Male connectors will only fit in Futaba compatible Rx's and Futaba Female connectors, unless you modify the Futaba Male connectors as described above.

If you do not want to modify the Futaba Male connectors, you can buy MPI Universal Extensions, from MAXX Products, and they will convert the Futaba to JR compatible
Old 04-26-2009, 09:23 AM
looppy

Thanks guys for the input. One more ? I for got to ask............
The servo wires , switch harness/battery plugging into the RX how can I know I have them in + or - ?
For instance JR charger has Brn.-Red-Lite Tan or Yellowish wires to Blk-Red wires to Futaba battery wires ?
Plugging in Hitec servos into RX or with the key shave off the Futaba servos will it make a differnce as to not short out or damage the RX or servo?
Old 04-26-2009, 10:06 AM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Most dramatic difference with the JR X9303 (I own one) vs. Futaba is the TX charge port has opposite polarity than Futaba TX port. On JR/Spektrum, the center pin is negative. Outside contact is positive. Use a JR or Spektrum wallwart charger and you'll be OK. In fact, the barrel connector is not the same diameter so you shouldn't be able to do that.

On JR/Spektrum servo connectors, the brown wire is the negative lead. Red is positive and orange is signal.
On Hitec servo connectors, the black is negative, red positive and yellow is signal.
On Futaba servo connectors, the black is negative, red positive and white is signal.

Positive is always the center wire on all three of the above and is always red.

When you bind a JR/Spektrum receiver, the binding plug shorts the signal/negative (outermost) pins on the RX. There will be no harm done if you should plug in a servo backwards (but the beveled corners of the connector should not let you do this).