Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 Ghz FAAST Receiver Installation.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 01:26 AM
gauravag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 Ghz FAAST Receiver Installation.

Hi everyone,
I am in the process of transitioning to Futaba FAAST 10C system, and was interested in knowing the best way to mount the Rx.
As i have read in the forum, we are not supposed to use foam, and keep the receiver as open as possible, and using velcro or gel tape to mount the Rx.
But would like to see some photos ot ideas on how this should be practically done to give the best performance.
If this question has been asked before, please point me to the link where i can read about this more.
Thank you
Gaurav
Old 05-19-2009, 04:35 AM
louisben36

Default RE: 2.4 Ghz FAAST Receiver Installation.

Hi,
The FASST recievers don`t require foam protection as theyare affected by vibration much less thanconventional receivers.It is advisable to use small "stand-off" blocks underneath to allow cooling.
I have used somefoampacking that came with my motor that is quite firm andthen velcro it or use an elastic band. Just cut twosmallstrips about 20mm longx 10mm x 10mm and place them so that the tips of your receiver sit on to bridge the gap. I alsouse two 50mmoffcuts of pushrod tubeglued atapprox 90 degrees to feed the antenna into as this is important with 2.4 Ghz.

Louisben
Old 05-19-2009, 05:00 AM
gauravag

Thanks Louisben,
So do you glue the foam blocks to the airplane and then velcro the rx to the foam blocks  ?
Also i belive you must be gluing the small pieces of pushrod tubing to the inside of the fuselage, in order to thread the antennae ? 
Till now i have been wrapping the Rx in foam , since i was used to 72 Mhz , but now i need to change approach, and for that reason need to ensure that i mount it in the ideal way.
Thanks
Gauravre">
Old 05-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just put some velcro on a former or fuse side, the mating piece on the bottom of the receiver and stick the receiver to the plane.  I use some clear tubing to hold the antenna in place (90 degrees from each other).  This leaves the receiver completely exposed to air and keeps the antennas properly oriented.  The receivers are so light that the velcro provides a very satisfactory mount.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Eryn

Old 05-19-2009, 08:16 AM
DougV

Some pics here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_83...tm.htm#8343732

Doug.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 AM
louisben36

Hi,
Yes, i glue the blocksand tubesin place, thensecure the receiver with a vecro strap that isscrewed downat one end so you can wrap all the way around the receiver. You should`nt need any velcro stuck on your receiver at all, as it`s so light you`ll find there will be no movement.
I use the same method on my Extra 260 forboth receiver andESC. The ESC is under the cowl.....it provides cushioning andcooling.
Louisben