Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I bet you never seen anything like this before

Old 06-21-2003, 05:08 PM
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I bet you never seen anything like this before

I switched servos in a plane I just bought. 4.8V, 1500ma battery, 5 Hitec 5945s all around- JR Receiver-- Multiplex trans. I was setting up throws and the left ailiron would not work-- trans mitter was verified, chan 1&5 with flpron mix. I switched right and left leads to see if it was the servo and it was not. So I pluged the other lead back in and they BOTH WORK FINE!!!! So I switch them back and the left will not work again-- switch again and they both work fine! Switched again and the left would not work. It seems that the ailiron servos will not work unless ithe left servo is plugged into chan 1---the right servo will work regardless of which chan it is plugged into. What in the world is wrong? (really want to fly this thing)
Old 06-21-2003, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like murphey's law. Are you sure the xmitter is setup right?
Old 06-21-2003, 07:32 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default JR Flaperons

I am sure this is a typo in your post, but ch 5 is gear. JR uses 1 & 6 for flaperons, at least on all the ones I have had.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:59 PM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

AJ, does the right hand servo work if plugged into channel 1, is that what you meant by it works when you swapped the leads? Does the left servo work if you plug it into channels 2, 3, 4, and 5?

H
Old 06-21-2003, 10:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I know nothing about Multiplix but sure see it all the time. Hitec Prism 7x and Eclipse 7's do the exact same thing when flaperon is used and it is spelled out in the manuals which side goes into which port. But I never remember so just switch back and forth untill I get the right combo.
same thing happens when using 'V' tail also.

John
Old 06-22-2003, 12:57 AM

Let me try to explain it this way-- one of the ailiron servos will work when plugged into either channel-- 1 or 5. The other ailiron servo will only work when plugged into channel 1 and will not work when plugged into channel 5. BTW it is no typo on the channels. MPX trans are a bit different than the others-
Chann 1 - ailiron
Chann 2 - elevator
Chann 3- rudder
Chann 4- throttle
Chann 5- other ailiron
Chann 6- gear/smoke
Chann 7- mix with any above channel
Took a while to get used to-- and this is the lower end Cockpit with pre-assigned channels-- Still waiting on the EVO
Old 06-22-2003, 07:46 AM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

You said that you had switched servos into this plane. Does that mean you did previously have other servos in this plane, using the same Tx memory and that you have not altered anything in this memory? I am just wondering if you have something like a load of differential, and that particular 5945 has been programmed to only travel one way which just happens to be against the differential on that channel 5. Can you get access to a Hitec programmer to check that servo is at factory default?

H
Old 06-22-2003, 09:04 AM
My Feedback: (10)

If you have a servo that is totally "not working" when plugged into a channel...
but other servos work fine plugged into that channel, then you should
probably ignore anything to do with mixes and setups... and send that servo
and receiver in for service ASAP, with an exact description as you have here.

That "is" an oddity, for sure. Something's up, with the servo, receiver, or both.
NO way I'd chance flying... with that receiver, or that servo, until I found out.

Edit... Just caught the response above mine... good catch.
I didn't think about the fact that the servos are programmable, and could be misconfigured.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:32 AM

The servo came out of the box new-- I own the programer, but have not changed anything. I started over with my programing on my transmitter so nothing is left over from previous mixes. This is the strange part-- even if it did have some mixes left in it, then it should affect the other servo when switched--right?

Something I thought about is that maybe it is the servo extention-- the "bad" servo has a lead that is being pushed out instead of being plugged in. I will tear it apart and look for that later on. (going to try a different receiver too)
Thanks for all of the ideas.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by AJF--2
Something I thought about is that maybe it is the servo extention-- the "bad" servo has a lead that is being pushed out instead of being plugged in.
Huh? Can you please clarify what you mean by this?
Old 06-24-2003, 12:34 AM

I think my suspictions have come true-- It was an extention. What I meant was that the small pins were not being plugged in, but rather it was pushing out the pins at the back of the plastic connector. After I had it all apart, I found one of the extentions with part of the ground wire pushed out the back of the plastic plug-- not sure which one it was-- don't really matter at this point. I switched receiver and extentions and it works great now. OF COURSE I GOT TO WAIT TILL THE WEEKEND AND HOPE FOR GOOD WEATHER. Oh well......