Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spectrum / JR Air Mod [ PERFECT ]

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:30 AM
freeair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum / JR Air Mod [ PERFECT ]

Hi Guys, after using FM radio sets for many years i finally went out and bought a Spectrum Air Mod to suit mt JR9x tranny , complete with an AR-7000 Receiver. setting up was Bind and ready to go, range was fantastic, opperation perfect plus i didn,t have to worry about someone turning on there transmitter with the same channel is was on. so any of you guys wanting to convert your FM radio to 2.4 gig radio, go for it .
all i need to do now is sell some FM receivers so i can buy more 2.4 gig receivers.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Bob Yeager
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Spectrum / JR Air Mod [ PERFECT ]

I'm thinking about converting my new 9303, but I heard that the Spectrum module fits like the proverbal "Saddle on a Sow". I have heard that the module rattles around on the back of the case, and I'm not crazy about that wire. How does your module fit? Thanks!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:38 PM
HavinFun
My Feedback: (4)

I'm using the Spektrum module on a Futaba 9C, my first module fit in tight, no rattle & even took a bit of effort to remove but apparently the output was low which caused my new heli to crash, kept going into failsafe & the wind was blowing it away from me. Talked to Horizon & they told me to ship it back to them including the AR6200 rx I got with the heli. They replaced it all no charge, module & AR7000 rx, AR6200 rx. On top of that they e-mailed me a pre-paid shipping label so this did'nt cost me anything, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! The replacement module fits a little looser but does'nt really rattle, range check is excelent, getting 150+ft, have'nt flown it yet but I don't expect any problems with the range check results I'm getting.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:02 AM
freeair

Bob, if your tx module is abit loose you can add a piece of thin cardboard like cigarette packet stuff, this will keep it nice and firm. also if you decide to stay with 2.4 gig with the tx , you can run the ant wire inside . i hav,nt done this as yet but a club member has and it looks spot on.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Bob Yeager
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the input. It is much appreciated! [8D]