Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 475HB broke

Old 06-22-2003, 06:44 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 475HB broke

Okay, yes this is one of the new line of Karbonite geared servos if I am correct. Mine broke after 6 flights on my Hanger 9 Edge 540. This servo was used for THROTTLE and it broke where the arm snaps onto the shaft broke clean off, the arm is perfectly in tact but the shaft is now in the arm. The servo still operates but the shaft is gone. The result was my Hanger 9 Edge 540 deadstick landing which I saved due to the fact I had a 3 mile runway to land on thankfully, other wise it would have been bad.

Mike, have you seen this happen before? I took it to the Hitec booth there and they didnt know what to say. Where do I send it in? I would imagine I get a new one...

Steven

anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-23-2003, 03:52 AM

You sure nothing was binding?
Old 06-23-2003, 04:42 AM

the connection was PERFECT, there was no binding whatsoever, the pushrod is perfectly strait
Old 06-23-2003, 08:17 AM

Is the part that actually broke metal? If it is I'd say it's from not being properly heat treated.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:42 AM

I also broke a 475 in my lanier Edge 540 on the elevator, it was pilot error to give it full up (on high rates)at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle over stressed the servo , forced to land with only half an elevator. I went with a hitec metal gear just in case I got stupid again!!

!!!A throttle servo Sheeeese!!!!never heard of to many throttle servos breaking before, I have had a few that would bind by having to much throw either direction WOT or Idle always,tried to get the bind out but have left it in a few (but never broke one) go'e to show you eveytime you try to relax (Murphy,s law bites you in the back side)

NOW I going to have to change the throttle serve or it will bug me every time I fly thinking of a dead stick, and let just say, the(no power) glide ratio on an edge 540 does not make dead stick something I care to do.

Good save!!!!!at lease a servo is a small rebuild job
Old 06-24-2003, 03:51 AM

Yeah, I got another one coming for my plane.

I dunno why this happened, but I will try again. I will post some pictures if I can tommorow or something if I get the time to.

I got 6 hitec 475HBs on order for my topcap and 1 replacement on edge...

Now its time to see how hitecs warrenty holds true.